FS65161 motor mounts for Gong V1 and V2 masts

Very nice! Will print it and test to use on my tow boogie!

1 Like

Nice mast clamp!
What type of blue gasket is used for the seal?
Thanks

1 Like

Thank you! The blue stuff was silicone, that didn’t work too well. I think it was too stiff to seal properly. It was also a bit heavy. I changed it to an industrial EPDM multi groove seal, which works nicely.

I used this Finnish brand, but I am sure that you can find equivalent stuff at your local hardware store RK Yleistiiviste Teollisuus - Rakennuskemia

Thank you, I am also on KISO gasket that works well … so I will stay on my gasket. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Juha, I just printed your motor mount and was very pleased with the result until I should mount it on my mast and I realized I does not fit. I have the V2 mast and checking back here I saw that you have the V1 :cry: If you would not mind I would happily modify your design for a V2 version of the mount as well. Would that be ok with you?

You should find your happiness here, in a @jeffM’s post
'Efoil V3 - STL files for Gong foil and Flipsky motor 12mm - Parts list - Schematics - #224 by jeffM

I have a design for Gong V2 and I am currently assembling it. Planning to release during the weekend if all goes well.

Wow, great! Let me know if you need some help. Otherwise I’ll wait with excitement :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, just need to make the cable cutout in the mast and buy a few more screws, then it should be straightforward to assemble it. The fitment feels great so far.

7 Likes

Seems like everything fits nicely. I’ll release the files tomorrow or on Saturday at the latest.

4 Likes

Looks good, I think with the threaded rods, the motor will hold without the support in the back. You could skip it and reduce some drag.

1 Like

I agree, especially with the stainless steel reinforcement plate in the front. Haven’t tried running without it, but the mount definitely feels robust enough to do so.

i have no steelplate, mount in asa, at the moment everything fine (12 rides so far)

1 Like

Great feedback, thank you very much!

I finished the mast cable cutout for V2

2 Likes

I finished the assembly. I like the design very much. I’ll take some pics with the nose cone soon.

For some reason I cannot currently modify the first post and the thread name. So I’ll probably make a new thread for the V2 mount soon unless the moderators can help me. Anyway, here are the Gong V2 mast Flipsky FS65161 mount files!

Please give me feedback if you make one! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Will start a print immediately. Thanks! Are any parts identical to the V1 since I have that printed already?

1 Like

The tail support and reinforcement plate are identical. Other parts are new.

1 Like

Finished printing one today. Works great. Here are som photos

3 Likes

Great job ! Any forced flow cooling nose option on the way ?

My first try,

Also wondered how much of the mast and mount can be sealed from water?

1 Like