FS65161 motor mounts for Gong V1 and V2 masts

I have a design for Gong V2 and I am currently assembling it. Planning to release during the weekend if all goes well.

Wow, great! Let me know if you need some help. Otherwise I’ll wait with excitement :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, just need to make the cable cutout in the mast and buy a few more screws, then it should be straightforward to assemble it. The fitment feels great so far.

6 Likes

Seems like everything fits nicely. I’ll release the files tomorrow or on Saturday at the latest.

3 Likes

Looks good, I think with the threaded rods, the motor will hold without the support in the back. You could skip it and reduce some drag.

1 Like

I agree, especially with the stainless steel reinforcement plate in the front. Haven’t tried running without it, but the mount definitely feels robust enough to do so.

i have no steelplate, mount in asa, at the moment everything fine (12 rides so far)

1 Like

Great feedback, thank you very much!

I finished the mast cable cutout for V2

2 Likes

I finished the assembly. I like the design very much. I’ll take some pics with the nose cone soon.

For some reason I cannot currently modify the first post and the thread name. So I’ll probably make a new thread for the V2 mount soon unless the moderators can help me. Anyway, here are the Gong V2 mast Flipsky FS65161 mount files!

Please give me feedback if you make one! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Will start a print immediately. Thanks! Are any parts identical to the V1 since I have that printed already?

1 Like

The tail support and reinforcement plate are identical. Other parts are new.

1 Like

Finished printing one today. Works great. Here are som photos

3 Likes

Great job ! Any forced flow cooling nose option on the way ?

My first try,

Also wondered how much of the mast and mount can be sealed from water?

1 Like

Yeah, this is one way to do forced cooling. The first posts in this thread also show my concept. The four threaded insert pockets in the front mount piece are intended for a cooling tube holder. That design is not released yet, however if someone wants to try it and give feedback, please ask and I will give you the models. It only requires the holder. You can cut and print a nose cone with a cooling tube hole quite easily with standard slicers.

I don’t use forced cooling myself. The 75200 vesc doesn’t really need it if you mount it in a metal box.

I thought about sealing the cable inlet near the motor, but decided that it’s more robust and simple to seal the top side. I used heat shrink + standard silicone sealant.

2 Likes

Hi, nice work. Which propeller is it? Thanks

@Klburgas it is Mantafoils e-foil prop; https://www.europe.mantafoils.com/online-store/Propeller-for-volt-efoil-p538882266 Have not tried it yet so cannot say anything about it but several people has recommended here in the forum.

Thanks for the info. I use the Fr pro7 from https://highfly-watersport.com/products/fr-pro-propeller, its in Aluminium. With the plastic thinks i had no good experience.

@jkoljo : Thanks a lot for your great work !
I am mounting a 65161 on a Gong V1 mast. Everything is perfect except for the tail support.
I bought the 12MM ROUND WITH THREAD version. They may have changed a bit the screw thread alignment.

Motor flipsky page
See 12MM ROUND WITH THREAD/NEW: picture at the bottom.

Here is the result with my motor :

Would you agree to share the .step of the tail support so I can adapt it ?

Interesting. They rotated the pattern. Here is an adjusted STEP file. It should align properly now, and if not, the file is STEP so you can modify it.

I also published it on the V1 mast Thingiverse page but it seems like Thingiverse is taking a long time to publish the changes.

1 Like