Efoil V3 - STL files for Gong foil and Flipsky motor 12mm - Parts list - Schematics

It is like I wrote before.
The modifications are not from me, I think it will be not working and I also not control the position to the mast.

I am in the middle of my 2. build. I have a water cooled Flipsky and want use theme.

So I need to modify my clamp.

When I am ready, I will share my results again

2 Likes

it works for me :slight_smile:
I placed the position here because my pipe donā€™t exit to the mast
I fill a cavity inside the mast and I pump the water
Like that the pipe is vertical in the mast and has no angle at the exit of the mast.
but itā€™s debatable :slight_smile: it is one solution among many others

do you use a pump? I would like to drive with ram pressure.

Yes in my V3
with this solution the pressure is not high enough to remove the pump
I tried and I only had 3 drops

Okay, this is what i want to say.
I want a water intake and not need a pump, with your solution it is not possible!

But, I like generally your idea. I think about if is it possible to use one of the screw holes for a small tube go outside and the back pressure is enough for the water circulation.

Generally I not like water cooling.
In my build I use a Trampa inside a Alucase on a Aluplate. It is more than enough for cooling.

I have a Flipsy FSESC 200 and want use it, but he have water cooling connectors, perhaps I sell theme and buy a VESV for passive cooling :thinking:

Can you not pull/remove the FSEC 200 from the aluminium casing and add an aluminum plate to it?

Perhaps, but I bought today the HGL Tech 75/200

I will save the FSESC 200 or sell it, donā€™t know jet

I made a small closed cooling system for the FSESC 200 and it works great. Probably not something everybody would want to do but itā€™s super simple.

If you decide to sell your 200, let me know. I need a spare as I donā€™t trust any of this Chinese gear.

1 Like

Please, I want some pictures from your solution

Yes, me too. Please share. I would also like to know if itā€™s possible to cool the 200 fesc without water somehow.

Thanks

1 Like

Hereā€™s a picture. I keep my FSESC in a plastic compartment because my board leaks and I want to keep the electronics dry. Obviously, if you have something to enclose the BT/radio module in you could dispense with the container. For the actual cooling, Itā€™s just a little bit of plastic tubing and a small 5V pump that I run with a 9V battery. This circulates the coolant through the FSESC and then air cools it in the tube. So far I have run it continuous for 40 minutes with zero problems.

Sorry, I didnā€™t realize how bad a picture that was until just now. Iā€™ll get another tomorrow and repost.

Absurdly simply solution. $10 for the pump. $5 for the tubing. I use coolant because of the temps at night here.

In this picture you can see the small tube coming out of the exit and right back into the ESC. The larger ones go outside the box where the pump resides.

The pump is a simple 5V pump with an on/off switch that I wired in. A 9V battery lasts for maybe 5 to 6 hours.

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for sharing. The benefit for sure is that there is no chance that some residues get stuck in your tube system. But still you need to run tubes in first place (also going out of box) and you have a pump. My target would be to avoid any of those. For example with a alumina plate mounted on bottom of the board. This works for different esc already, however I do not know if this is also valid for esc with water cooling enclosure.

thanks for the link JP

Hi Jeff,
First Iā€™d like to thank you for all the information you share and congrats on your different builds.
I have a question, can you tell me how you printed the mast clamp? Type of material (ABS, PLA, PETGā€¦) and infill (100% or much less and later filled with epoxy)? I wonder if it will be strong enough if I print it in ABS with 100% infill.
If others used other solutions Iā€™d ba happy to hear them.
Thanks and greetings from a French living in California.

1 Like

Hi ,
I printed the mast clamp with PLA/CARBON 100% and added an epoxy coating

3 Likes

Hello, why did you take lithium batteries instead of lipo batteries?
Pourquoi avoir changƩ de type de batteries entre la version 2 et 3 ?

Hello the board thickness is 10cm and the height battery box is 9,9 cm. I donā€™t understand, can you explain ?
(Sorry for my english)

Hi Coupli,
I changed for 18650 for the safty.
for the thickness the alu box is directly glue with epoxy with the bottom layer and the upper
like this