Efoil V4 - Gong foil veloce XXL / trampa VESC 6 MK5 / flipsky remote and motor / flite prop / samsung 35E 12S12P

Hi @XSailor thanks for the reply,
The circuit Breaker E9 150 I bought it on amazon but I never doubted if it was a clone. I unlocked the video is to be heard rather than seen, sorry :sweat_smile:.
I am attaching another image, hopefully clearer.
@vib.dxb Thank you I’m glad you can help but it’s all thanks to @jeffM

tnks

Hi Andrea,

For help you on the troubleshooting, can you check the voltage here please :

and which battery and BMS you use

Thanks for the help @jeffM :pray:

My bms is an ANT BMS h24S 100A, the battery pack is a 12S / 10P like your V3 project.

I forgot a premise, at the first installation everything worked, I disconnected to make the welds put aside and it doesn’t go anymore. I think I have replicated all the points but apparently not!

I checked the voltage as you asked, for each measurement by letter, I made a double measurement in the points you have rightly marked for me, the first without with the circuit connected up to the point the second with the circuit all connected, I also tried to replace the sbec with a new one and the SRD relays, it doesn’t change much. I suspect I messed with the bms app:

• (A) the disconnected battery measures 43.1v
  • (B) all connected goes into protection therefore 0.0v
  • (C) if I disconnect the SRd relay it gives me 43.0v
  • (D) if I connect the relay then it does not go 0.0v
  • (E) if I unplug the 12.2V SRd relay
  • (F) if I connect everything then 0.0v does not go
  • (G) I disconnect the SRd 0.0v relay
  • (H) all connected 0.0V

thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is your battery 100% charged?
if yes you have a problem with the BMS
if not it may be the relay

Do you have the 5V on the SBEC ?

Do you have a smart ant bms? If so, install the app on your phone, log in and see how it works.

1 Like

Hi guys, I’m still here to try and fix the problem.
I have charged the batteries still having problems
Going by exclusion I powered the circuit with the power supply and everything works fine.
So I focused on the drums as suggested by @jeffM and obviously on the bms.
I noticed that in the DIS MOS: I have the Pre-Charge Failure error.
Are there ways to best set this parameter in order to avoid the error?
@Anatoly will turn you the error screen on my smartphone

Without being connected to the circuit

Connected to the circuit you can see the discharge error.

Thanks for your patience
I hope to be close to the solution.

In my opinion, you have a big voltage difference between the cell lines. 0.2A.Ideally, it should be 0.002A. Try using the app to enable balancing and leave it until it turns off itself.

Get the balancing right first , 0,2v as said is too high, 10p battery with what 0,2A balancing charging ? may take some time like 10-15H …

And maybe more than a day!

I have recently fitted and started using an ant bms, i am not claiming my settings are perfect but have successfully had several cycles now and happy to share these with you for ref.
This is my typ cell difference under charge.

1 Like

I wanted to ask, if you use ANT bms, why such a complicated connection scheme? Kilowac, fuse, circuit breaker. Your bms already has all these features. The power button, discharge shutdown, short circuit protection. You are duplicating these functions. If you want to use the magnetic emergency stop button, disconnect the +5v power supply of the Bluetooth module.But I refused that, too. And to connect the Bluetooth module, you only need 5 wires +5,gnd,rx,tx,sin.Mot,bat are not needed.

1 Like

Hi Anatoly,
You are correct this schematic version is for a power supply without BMS.
So with an ant BMS you can remove fuse/circuit breaker, (or you can keep them for more safety in case of BMS failure)
But personally I do not recommend removing the kilovac and only trusting a 5V cutoff to secure in the event of a fall.
it is necessary to cut off the power supply of ESC / VESC in case of fall
I already had an issue with my V1.
the power remained on the motor while the receiver had no more 5V
I watched my Efoil leave with no one on it :slight_smile:
If I remember “pacificmeister” had the same issue

Experience that I do not wish on anyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, you’re probably right. There is a small chance that something will go wrong! I’ve been lucky so far! I refused the emergency stop button, it was so uncomfortable with it! Also, this cord was always confused! Having rolled back two seasons, there were no problems yet! But with cruise control was! After falling off the board, I didn’t reset the cruise, the Bluetooth connection was interrupted, but when I swam up to the board, the connection was restored and the board jumped out of the water! It’s dangerous! And now I’m used to riding without cruise control!

1 Like

Hi Jeff, may be I missed it in the thread but what is your BMS amp? I have a 14s10p with 150 amp built-in BMS but don’t know whether it will be high enough…
Thx

Sorry the answer was of course in this amazing thread image
150amp peak BMS. Mine should be OK
Your build is once again FANTASTIC !!!

1 Like

@Anatoly @jeffM @Wingaddict
Guys after a series of exclusions, I think it was precisely the ant bms, which went into protection.
You all gave me a clue to solve Thanks!
Probably the mistake is to charge too brutally the 12S / 10P battery pack with Ant BMS like that of JeFF. For now I am using a 48v 15a power supply. I will try to upgrade with a step down dc dc to better regulate the charge.
If you have any advice, thank you! :slight_smile: