FeRo (New Remote Controle Coming Soon)

Had no clue there were so many legalities around frequency, but put in whatever works best in my opinion. When I’m out at sea or in a lake in the middle of no where I’m happy to take my chances with the frequency police :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Implement? You mean produced? :wink: yes

7 Likes

Membrane switches delivered. Looking forward to the pcbs. Stay tuned! This will be a great remote.

Br
Felix

7 Likes

@Felixfoiler and @Vincentbraillard Good job !!!

I work on my Beluga Foil V2 for this summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003GIQCuqxY&feature=youtu.be (We used a old 41mhz remote for the first tests)

I try already a transmission inside salt water (around 1.2m), and it works fine for me with a good RF Chip + Good Antenna ( https://www.hoperf.com/modules/lora/HM-TRP.html) - It works also with last generation of Lora 433mhz module (but the power is maybe too Strong) (tests here: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free) -

I have not enough time to work on a complete waterproof remote, so I decided to use a waterproof Maytech remote with a 433Mhz Bridge (2 lora modules)… And that works fine). But If your remote can work with a receiver at 1.2m under the water, I can be great to be one of your beta tester

Keep in touch

Fred

2 Likes

Hi Fred, how did you manage to run the Maytech remote with 433Mhz bridge?

Hi Frage

Nice to see you have done a lot of test.
Concerning my remote; a lot of people are still using it!

If you are interested I’m selling it but not send it for free to test!

I use 2 LORA modules (the first one converts the PWM of the 2.4Ghz receiver et resend with LORA Protocol).

The Second One receives the data from the first one and generates a PWM for the ESC

In this video I compare the command of one servo connected to the Maytech receiver and a second one which receive the command via the LORA bridge… We have de a good behavior

1 Like

OK, I will write you a PM

Thanks for the info. 5 beta testers are locals and are already selected. Making great progress so far. Seals have been laser cut and the polycarbonate glass too. Pcbs are 70% finished an will hopefully ship this month. Programming is also very far an lots of features are being added now. Stay tuned. Sorry that I didn’t respond in time. I don’t get any notifications now for some reason.

Br
Felix

2 Likes

Felix, Keep us updated. Having the ability to update the firmware would be very good. You could go from 3 speed settings to 15 like Lift did.

1 Like

Pcbs arrived. Perfect condition, no issues have appeard, everything is perfect. waiting for the receiver and final components. Stay tuned. Starting Selling soon!

17 Likes

Any updates?

How much each?

Is there a hole for safety leash?

Showcase coming in a few days. Currently under testing and App development. Once the development is over the not so fun Part starts :(Certifactes, assambly, mass production, making my Business offical). I will hope to be able to have 10-30 pcs ready till June. After the testing phase is over I will accept preorder. So far I am very happy how everything turned out.

Please be patient I work around 10h every day (while attending school). My remote will revolutionise the handling for efoils. Stay tuned :blush:

4 Likes

Keep up the great work!

Is there a hole for safety leash?

Is it possible to add steering functionality? (one hand throttle + steering?)

Yes
Maybe yes?? So you want a normal remote which can give gas and you can steer, like a remote controlled boat? If so with the v1 version, not really. I could implement to go left an right with the + and - buttons but that wouldn’t be a great handling. Maybe with gyro? But that would be bad if you loose stability on the board. So I would say not really. But still why do you need left and right with an efoil?

Remote is looking good.
Basic steering, or a function button that could be used to turn a rudder one way, might be useful for a tow boogie to retrieve it after you’ve caught a wave.

3 Likes

@Felixfoiler
what sort of trigger do you use for the remote. How many points of reading it has?

I’m looking for a remote and yours seems to be best design so far. I hope everything will work as you expect.

Its a nice an ergonomic trigger. It has 2000 individual readings, which are compressed to 500 which are transmitted. As the normal ppm signal is from 1500-2000 its ideal to have 500.

Thanks a lot for the compliment :slight_smile:
br

Did you test reception through carbon fiber?

Im in the process of building my board.
Would it be wise to incorporate antena wire in the board (maybe around the edge prior to putting CF). I don’t know will 433 Mhz penetrate CF.
Which antena wire would you recomend?

It easily penetrats carbon. No need for a long antenna.

1 Like