FeRo (New Remote Controle Coming Soon)

Thanks for the info. 5 beta testers are locals and are already selected. Making great progress so far. Seals have been laser cut and the polycarbonate glass too. Pcbs are 70% finished an will hopefully ship this month. Programming is also very far an lots of features are being added now. Stay tuned. Sorry that I didn’t respond in time. I don’t get any notifications now for some reason.

Br
Felix

2 Likes

Felix, Keep us updated. Having the ability to update the firmware would be very good. You could go from 3 speed settings to 15 like Lift did.

1 Like

Pcbs arrived. Perfect condition, no issues have appeard, everything is perfect. waiting for the receiver and final components. Stay tuned. Starting Selling soon!

17 Likes

Any updates?

How much each?

Is there a hole for safety leash?

Showcase coming in a few days. Currently under testing and App development. Once the development is over the not so fun Part starts :(Certifactes, assambly, mass production, making my Business offical). I will hope to be able to have 10-30 pcs ready till June. After the testing phase is over I will accept preorder. So far I am very happy how everything turned out.

Please be patient I work around 10h every day (while attending school). My remote will revolutionise the handling for efoils. Stay tuned :blush:

4 Likes

Keep up the great work!

Is there a hole for safety leash?

Is it possible to add steering functionality? (one hand throttle + steering?)

Yes
Maybe yes?? So you want a normal remote which can give gas and you can steer, like a remote controlled boat? If so with the v1 version, not really. I could implement to go left an right with the + and - buttons but that wouldn’t be a great handling. Maybe with gyro? But that would be bad if you loose stability on the board. So I would say not really. But still why do you need left and right with an efoil?

Remote is looking good.
Basic steering, or a function button that could be used to turn a rudder one way, might be useful for a tow boogie to retrieve it after you’ve caught a wave.

3 Likes

@Felixfoiler
what sort of trigger do you use for the remote. How many points of reading it has?

I’m looking for a remote and yours seems to be best design so far. I hope everything will work as you expect.

Its a nice an ergonomic trigger. It has 2000 individual readings, which are compressed to 500 which are transmitted. As the normal ppm signal is from 1500-2000 its ideal to have 500.

Thanks a lot for the compliment :slight_smile:
br

Did you test reception through carbon fiber?

Im in the process of building my board.
Would it be wise to incorporate antena wire in the board (maybe around the edge prior to putting CF). I don’t know will 433 Mhz penetrate CF.
Which antena wire would you recomend?

It easily penetrats carbon. No need for a long antenna.

1 Like

Hi Felix,

when you say it will get complete vesc support, does that mean in updated firmware or we have to buy another device?

Hi Felix
When will the remote be for sale? Do you have an estimate?

Hi Guys,

I know I didn’t update you frequently however, a lot of things have happened in the background. I am very proud of how well the test phase worked. Unfortunately, I don’t want to give out too much information just now. All I can say is, that a v2 is in progress. Many improvements and a new overall shape is in progress. As I don’t want to deliver anymore protypes, you will have to wait till I can deliver the offical version. It will be affordable and it will have an app & logging function. There will be a vesc and a normal esc version.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Best regards
Felix

5 Likes

Some pictures of my remote are linked here.

Best regards

5 Likes

I was able to get my hands on a FERO remote @Felixfoiler felixremote.com. When the opportunity came up I decided to get the GPS version and It wasn’t cheap €280. Wow! Right!

So what did I get? Out of the box it is completely waterproof, great ergonomic design, bright screen, easy to set up and very good instructions. I hooked it up to PPM the first ride and it had great reception. Great reception!! No extension for the antennae. I plugged it in, calibrated it and it worked perfectly!

The receiver is the most professional I have seen yet.

With the GPS the speed was clearly visible on the remote. I am using a @WavRX WavRX ilogger wavRX.com that has a CAN connection and input from a GPS. Since the FeRo receiver has a built in GPS and two small TX and RX output pads. I attached the yellow and black wires from my GPS input on the WavRX to the outputs on the FeRo receiver. Im logging my rides without carrying my phone and it works great.

Reciever

GPS antennae on top of my VESC electronics box.

GPS outputs on the receiver.

FeRo reciever and the WavRX in my setup

WavRX ilogger

My latest ride logged using the WavRX and FeRo remote
https://api.wavrx.com/f6

Video of the remote in use, very clear and bright screen.

9 Likes

Great to see the new version works and that it is a real waterproof 2.4ghz.
Happy to see that FeRo did correct when he developed The product and put hold on his deliveries when he got problem with 433 Mhz path.

Good work Felix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is that lake? Looks great…