FeRo (New Remote Controle Coming Soon)

There are also other 433Mhz remotes like @Vincentbraillard’s sold in and around Germany (Austria, Switzerland, France, …) likely using the same channel set so any defence mechanism like frequency hoping must be studied carefully.

You are right. I personally give a single and unique key for each remote I sell

Your customers (@Kian, …) and @Felixfoiler’s will have to meet on the same place as soon as the lakes unfreeze… and a protocol needs to be established between manufacturers (reserved channel range) if hoping is not implemented.

There is no reason you should need to talk to other efoiler to figure out frequencies unless it is a poorly design remote protocol. In the shared frequencies band 433, 868, 900, 2400, etc you have to design to deal with lots of other people and things on the same frequency band. Otherwise you go by a house with a smartmeter or a weather station and get your signal knocked out and you fall in the water. With proper channel hopping there is no reason you can’t have 100s of people on the lake a bunch of different remotes.

A lot of things in the 433 and 900 bands don’t hop, or only use like 2 channels because they don’t care if they miss seconds of data like in weather stations, car remotes etc. And then there beach side ham radio guy putting out 10 watts and blowing out a large chunk of the band compared to our 25-200mW remotes whenever he is transmitting.

And to be clear when I say 433Mhz band. It is something like 430-440Mhz. There is a whole range we can use, do why not use it! Odds are that only one part would be interfered with at a time.

1 Like

Yes, you are totally right. As my remote can be easily updated OTA I will look after this. However this will consume lots of time and the only thing I’m concerned now is that the connection loss is working. The connection loss/false data recieve needs to work flowless, and it does.
What do you think about waydoo and the remote probelm?

1 Like

Yes nice and transparent providing channel hopping is implemented. @Vincentbraillard, @Felixfoiler How is your solution ? Is hoping already implemented or only at the project stage ?

Im happy to get my prototypes done. After they are deliverd I will set my focus on programming, but at the moment I cant do all at once. Please be patient.

Thanks a lot.

Felix

Felix, I’m in upper Austria so if you need a beta tester close by keep me in mind :sunglasses: :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

Just be careful with the regulators. laws and regulation differs state to state. Specially for sub giga hertz . For example in US for 433mhz I believe you need radio amateur license. In US, most of Asia, and Oceania 915 MHz is fine as the center frequency whereas Europe, Africa, and other parts of Asia use 868 MHz. There are radio modules that you can set the frequency. Below 1 GHZ there are channels used by first responders and authorities that we don’t want to interfere. 2.4ghz despite lower penetration is open for consumer product pretty much world wide. Besides, there are dozen of robust standard protocols that take care of security, pairing and built in phy channel hoping. But again for builders these might not be a show stopper anyway

Yes, I know that, but I won’t go world wide now. That’s why lift uses strong Bluetooth, so they can sell world wide. My protocol is well tested and preformed for the 3d week now without any problems. Channel hopping is always possible to implement. I think getting the remote consumer ready is more important at the moment. All the parts are ordered and assambly will start next month. 5 beta testers are selected. I’m really happy for the support im getting here. Thank you all :heart:

Br
Felix

4 Likes

Wiki and LPD433 usage by country/ITU region:

1 Like

Hi Felix, did you manage to implement the membrane keyboard? It looks great!
Many greetings Eduard

1 Like

Had no clue there were so many legalities around frequency, but put in whatever works best in my opinion. When I’m out at sea or in a lake in the middle of no where I’m happy to take my chances with the frequency police :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Implement? You mean produced? :wink: yes

7 Likes

Membrane switches delivered. Looking forward to the pcbs. Stay tuned! This will be a great remote.

Br
Felix

7 Likes

@Felixfoiler and @Vincentbraillard Good job !!!

I work on my Beluga Foil V2 for this summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003GIQCuqxY&feature=youtu.be (We used a old 41mhz remote for the first tests)

I try already a transmission inside salt water (around 1.2m), and it works fine for me with a good RF Chip + Good Antenna ( https://www.hoperf.com/modules/lora/HM-TRP.html) - It works also with last generation of Lora 433mhz module (but the power is maybe too Strong) (tests here: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free) -

I have not enough time to work on a complete waterproof remote, so I decided to use a waterproof Maytech remote with a 433Mhz Bridge (2 lora modules)… And that works fine). But If your remote can work with a receiver at 1.2m under the water, I can be great to be one of your beta tester

Keep in touch

Fred

2 Likes

Hi Fred, how did you manage to run the Maytech remote with 433Mhz bridge?

Hi Frage

Nice to see you have done a lot of test.
Concerning my remote; a lot of people are still using it!

If you are interested I’m selling it but not send it for free to test!

I use 2 LORA modules (the first one converts the PWM of the 2.4Ghz receiver et resend with LORA Protocol).

The Second One receives the data from the first one and generates a PWM for the ESC

In this video I compare the command of one servo connected to the Maytech receiver and a second one which receive the command via the LORA bridge… We have de a good behavior

1 Like

OK, I will write you a PM