I used the cheap red spot welder from AliExpress, and modified it by following a YouTube video to add an additional resistor. I used an old car battery and took my current car battery out, put them in parallel.
Seemed to get reasonable welds with a copper nickel sandwich (0.1mm copper 0.1mm nickel plated steel strip)
Because the spot welder isn’t as advanced as Kweld etc I did everything I could to give it a good chance, practicing on old cells to work out the best ms and car battery voltage, I also degreased the nickel strips and battery terminals. If the car battery voltage dropped by half a volt then I would charge it back to the testing range.
Instead of building a brand new V2 Efoil I decided to modify my existing board into a more user friendy setup.
The main differences include cutting the board down from 155cm to 135cm as the back end was quite long, adding a proper hinged hatch and ditching the round screw on hatches and bolted main hatch. I also transferred the motor from the Gong V1 mast to the Gong V2 mast and made it more streamlined.
I would love to but i lost a bunch of pictures when i moved data to a new phone. I basically did the same as a few others have done and cut a notch out of the mast and bolted an aluminium disc into the mast using 3 x m5 bolts, I also used a methyl methacrylate epoxy to stick it it place with a fillet just to make sure it was strong.
This is the best pic I have left, but already shown above.