First build: Flipsky 200A 60V VESC6/Flipsky 65161 120KV 6000W

Hi community,
I already spent 600$+ and hope it will be half of my investments or at least 30% :slight_smile: so it’s time to create topic.
I have a friend who will build board for me and mast/wings in future

Main data

• water: fresh water or less than 18g salt per liter. Lakes and rivers.
  • rider: 78-84kg depends on mood
  • expectations: low speed to fly over water, chill cruise, low stress on batteries.

Already purchased:

• ESC: Flipsky High Current FSESC 200A 60V ESC base on VESC6
  • battery: 36/48v battery. Based on 6000mAh 35A/50A LifePO4. Able to build 4* 6Ah 48v 35A
  • motor: Flipsky 65161 120KV 6000W

Required:

• wings and mast: selecting between GONG or RlBoards etc
  • charger: expected to use some 50v charger
  • remote: not selected
  • bms: for charging or even discharge
  • propeller: expected to use

Flipsky Aluminum Alloy Propeller for 65161 100KV Brushless Motor Spare Parts

DIY:

• board: 180-60-10cm/160-60-10cm, XPS, fiberglass - in design/first tries stage
  • waterproof case: not started
1 Like

Main question for me right now are mast and wings - I wanna purchase them as fast as possible.
I’m expecting to use Rlboard efoil set or some of Gong. Rlboard plate seems to expensive, I’m willing to spent less on this
I sent message to RLboards guys via this forum and facebook about shipping but didn’t receive any answer. If they shipping from Czech Republic it good for me.
So interesting in Gong products also - their sets looks pretty good. But some of them will be available after 27 of July and most of them changed the names, so after a lot of topics I’m already confused and don’t know which set of wings and mast will be good for me.

The second priority is a propeller I have added link to it in main post.

Please assist

Check ''FR 2019 motor system" topic. You will find an example how to made your prop usable.
I was trying to connect to Gong too. No answer for a week already.

Are you aware your motor has a 12mm shaft, and the prop you selected is machined for a 10 mm shaft?

1 Like

oh, I see right now. Banggood just the same…

The Maytech/Flipsky/Reacher Tech threaded shafts are OD 12mm to M8 x 1.25.
A few people like @virus have modified their 7"1/4 prop with 10mm hole shaft to fit a 12 to 8mm threaded shaft:

Cells and Flipsky controller already here, waiting for motor.

Friends of friend has cnc machine ready to mill XPS/EPS and wood.
Able to buy in market:
XPS 10mm thick and 30kg/1 m3
EPS 30mm thick and 25-27kg/1 m3

PS I didn’t find any STL on forum for the board. Could anyone share any board (just shape will ok) >160cm to test cnc?

Got mine RLboards mast and plate today.

Finally, I got my motor, waiting it 2 month.
There is no any information/instruction in the box except some SKU number. 12mm shaft.
Other parts in process/experimenting.
Waiting for props with 10mm shaft :slight_smile:

Can you run 2 cables up one hollow section of the mast, or can you only run one?
Could you possibly give some dimensions of the slots in the mast?

mast plate (4 holes):
One the biggest hole is 9.6mm, all other four holes is 7.8mm

mast (three sections):
one 7mm (from the right on image), two - 9.6mm

cable:
cable 5.2mm, but connector 7.2mm/10mm.

Due to connector size it’s not possible stretch out cable neither to the mast plate, nor in the mast.
That’s why I think Zaja.cz drilled his mast plate

So you should cut connectors and then stretch out them in the mast or use some extension cable which will be in the mast and connect to it from both sides - from motor and from ESC.

Due to 9.6mm biggest section in mast, it will be very hard to stretch out 2 cable in one hollow area - I couldn’t check it without cutting cable. If I will find cable with similar diameter I will try

@zaja.cz we need your help :slight_smile: please clarify what changes or steps you have made to run cables in hollow of the mast

What’s the length of each slot? The centre one looks like its 9.6mm x 12mm which means you should be able to cut the connectors off and then run 2 cables through.

In fact I think you should be able to run 2 cables through both the larger slots between the bolts. That would mean the mast is a good candidate for watercooling as well.

My calipers died few minutes ago so my measurements could be not so accurate.

slots size, from left to right : 9.6 * 11 * 7mm, 9.6 * 11 * 9.6mm, 7 * 10 * 5mm - the smallest

That’s really bad that connectors need to be cut - in this case motor-mast part is static and you will never could move motor easily to any other build

Based on that I drew the following:

The cables I sized at 5.5mm diameter and the cooling tube at 6.5mm diameter. So you can definitely run 2 cables and a cooling tube in the slots.

hi in the first hole i have one cable, in the second two, in the third water. The two cables in the direction went straight through, I had to lubricate them with silicone oil.

But you cut connectors to fit hollow?

yes i replaced the connectors with xt90. (without yellow plastics - I cut them)

1 Like

Hi Vitalii-

I used the same RL mast in a previous build and it worked out great. More info here: Computer Engineering Team Build @ Santa Clara University - #26 by calikiter - Builds - FOIL.zone
I am working on upgrading this build now. One of the changes is to the 65161 120kv. I was wondering if you have a mast clamp already designed for the 65161 and RL mast?

Best,
Peter

1 Like

Hello, I have set of RL mast and clamp (mast and clamp designed in one set for Efoil), so only deal is motor connection. I have decided not drill the mast right now, in end of month I and my friend will try make some form based on this mast and clamp, to make fiberglass or carbon mast and connector.

PS It’s possible to make some modified clamp on CNC from aluminum but we have no access to CNC fulltime right now and companies asking to much money for this :slight_smile: For example we have tried to make (just cut XPS) set of wings in companies which working with XPS/EPS and price for it 100$ in wood (for making mold) or 100 pieces minimum order in XPS

Very cool! Please keep me updated as I would be interested in such a clamp. Do you have a 3D printable clamp designed to mate the 65161 and the RL mast in the meantime?