Flightjunkie's second board. Invention of the SUP efoil

Is this similar to your idea or we talking about different concepts?
I’m understand that fold-able props is something “like” new, but a general concept foil + paddle was already used.
For example fold-able prop for drones was realized many years ago, and right know in 2020 it’s very popular

What wing do you plan to use for this new project?

Looks like you could do the Molokai Challenge on it. Might be a bit short.

1 Like

Hi.

None of those are of a SUP e-foil. If you find the video lmk.

I looked and couldn’t find anyone doing this, so I am stating this as my idea. But, please lmk if you come across someone else with this idea.

Not like I’m trying to make anything to sell. Just stating this as an original idea of mine, which I think would be cool to pursue.

My concept is a board that is as small as possible but still support standing on it while stationary. Have a paddle. Have a folding prop. Those are the key things. I also plan to be able to remove the battery and electronics and attach a foil without a motor to use the board as a SUP foil board. Also, instead of the paddle you could have a Wing Surfer wing with the powered board.

If you’ve watched SUP foil surfing you’ve seen the cool crazy carving turns they do dragging the paddle in the water, using the paddle for balance, maneuverability, and stability. Could be fun with a powered board.

The motor could be used to get on foil, then the prop folds and the rider can catch waves, pump, paddle, and do downwinders. This could increase the range possible while still providing the motor when needed.

:call_me_hand:

Molokai to Oahu down winder on it would be awesome! That’s 40 miles. I’m getting 20 miles on my setup now. So, I just gotta surf 50% of the time and I could make it right!? :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I like the infinity wings by slingshot. I have the 65, 76, 84. I don’t wanna go bigger then the 84 unless it’s high aspect.

I hear Slingshot is working on a high aspect wing to compete with the Axis high aspect wings. That would be awesome! :crossed_fingers:

:desert_island::surfing_man::sunglasses::call_me_hand::beers:

1 Like

That’s a whole new record to set for Molokai (efoil + sup hybrid). Seems possible as long as you can pump / paddle / surf for 50% of the time. bring a friend :slight_smile:

Motor assistance, Jan 2018 9 months before the LIFT folding prop announcement.

1 Like

Maybe due language barrier I don’t distinguish sup/surf and foil/hydrofoil/efoil :rofl:

Sure, I also don’t saying that it’s already invented by some one and described as yours. Just saying that I’m pretty sure that I saw video where man was on e-hydrofoil and used paddle for turns

I re-watching my youtube history and found this, starting 0:29
Comments says “modular system makes it possible that efoil can also be used as foil w/o motor”
Later in this video we able to see the same hydrofoil (we don’t see is motor mounted or not) and that rider using paddle.

PS I understand your desire to have some universal or at least multi-functional - we have a lot unnecessary things around us.

1 Like

I think this idea is actually very interesting! Mounting the remote on the paddle would be nice or even have it integrated in the paddle shaft! However, do you think it would make more sense to do this with an inflatable board to keep the weight down while still having enough volume to stand on it? I don’t know how easy it would be to paddle a 5ft long SUP with electronics and a motor.

That is a very nice looking board. Are the files for shaping it on the CNC available for download?

Hi.

The files belong to my friend who drew up my idea, and cut it. I’ll ask, but I don’t think he will want to share them. Who knows, he might sell some boards in the future. If he does, I’ll let you guys know.

The idea and prototype was exposed on this forum in Apr 2019 by Paul aka @rcjetman

The LIFT proto:

Hi.

Thx SoEFoil.

I guess I can’t claim this as my original idea. :sob::rofl:

My setup idea is a bit different then RcJetMan’s, but I see he already had the concept of a powered SUP efoil board. I wonder if he ever got this working. Last post said it didn’t have enough power to get on foil.

Hey @rcjetman, how did the SUP efoil project turn out?

1 Like

Hey there.

Its a big world and we all have good ideas just at different times :smile:

In reflections on my last posts i made, both the 50 mm and the 63 mm motor combos worked very well. At the time my experience with getting the foil OUT of the water in an efficient way was not up to spec and i was very much learning how to foil still.

I then progressed onto building 2 bigger motor combos down the bottom of the mast for constant foiling ( much like other normal e foil setup). I then gained a LOT of foiling experience and can now foil in the surf no problems.

if i revisit this small motor setup im sure i could get the boost i need to get out of the water and on foil now that i know how to finesse the foil into working and POP out of the water :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hi.

I took the SUP e-foil out for it’s first test ride.

After a 1h30min session the compartment was completely dry! The small droplets of water seen splashed in when I opened the lid, I’m pretty sure about that.

I now officially have two efoil boards. :sunglasses::metal:

4 Likes

4 Likes

You need to lick that camera lense so that the water doesn’t stay on it.

Hahahaha…yea. I was doing that. These 360 cameras are very finicky about water messing up the magic.

I was quite distracted with the new board, so the camera wasn’t getting the same level of attention. I apologise for the poor quality.

It’s always best to do the buddy system.

:desert_island::surfing_man::sunglasses::call_me_hand::beers:

…and remember, safety first! #fireproofbox

4 Likes

Hi,

What are your current hatch dimensions like L x W x H ?
Also, how do they compare to the Lift one ?

Looks nice, Di you calculate your costs alltogether in parts?