Flipsky 6374 vs 6384: Which one reigns supreme?

Alright, so I’m checking out these two motors from Flipsky: The Waterproof 6374 Motor & the Waterproof 6384 Motor.

Seems like the 6384 packs more punch 'cause it’s pulling more juice under identical setups:

6374: 24 kg thrust @ 48V, 55A, 60% duty cycle.
6384: 24 kg thrust @ 48V, 69A, 82% duty cycle.

But hey, I’m not sold on that being better.

I’m thinking those tests might not be fair game, y’know? Like, the conditions might not match up exactly.

So, which one’s the real deal, better and more effective?

Be interesting to test in real world i have ordered the 6384, bit of extra power cant hurt. Currently using generic 6384 120v missing a bit of top end speed I feel. Using the standard Foil Drive Ali props so hope this fixes it

1 Like

It’s basically the same motor, just in two different lengths of stator, and the stator length decides the max power and torque. This means 6384 is about 20% more motor than a 6374.

2 Likes

A little odd the 6384 needs more power to achieve the same thrust. I assume there must be something weird in fkipskys testing.

1 Like

Should be that they used a different prop for the motors in the testing.

Guess that the folding prop used for the 6384 isn’t the best, in the static tests at least.

Anyone yrues the FD hub on these yet???..im not sure thw bolt pattern at the back matches.
K

It will not match up. You have to drill and tap the Flipsky motor first.

Cannot understand why they chose this bolt pattern. Really silly. As.most are using hubs with the Saite pattern, and.most other generic rotior cans have the same pattern…great engine annoying oversight.
K

I completely agree, odd size hole spacing. Used the standard 6374 mounting holes on the other side though?!

Because their market isn’t people that buy foil drive motors or saite motors.

This bolt pattern is actually far better with more options.

@Jezza i hear you but i did think this was made to compete with in the DIY market being what that motor series is…its a work around…no big feal really…great quality motor !!
K

Had a look at the videos, seems the comparison isn’t good at all.
Just following the numbers:
6374 would be 7% more effective at 36V than 48V even though the load (rpm) is the same. Not likely.

The 6384 provides same thrust at 48V as at 36V, even though motor current is higher and measured rpm is 20% higher. Could be that prop blades start bending or cavitation occurs.

Anyway, it’s a poor testing.

1 Like

They told me different motor tests got different props, no cap.

Flipsky dropped price for 30$ on their new 6374/6384

https://flipsky.net/products/flipsky-waterproof-brushless-dc-6384-motor-140kv-4200w-for-surfing-boat-underwater-thruster-hydro-efoil?variant=45266149900529

3 Likes

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007305882545.html
Flipsky added 10% discount on Ali also, so if you don’t like official site you could buy it on Ali for 135.80 - 13.5 (+shipping), will be almost the same as on the flipsky.net
I don’t know which shipping will be faster, but prefer Ali over flipsky.net.
Sad that 6384 motor not available on Banggood

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s a 140KV motor. I previously made a mistake by purchasing a 120KV motor instead of the 100KV I needed, based on someone else’s recommendation that 120KV would be better. What I really need is a motor with a lower KV rating.

1 Like

120kV is pretty standard, i’ve used 100-140kV with success, depends on the esc.
Why do you want 100kV? High voltage setup?

Yes, I’m using a 16S battery. A motor in the 60KV - 80KV range could also work.
The 65161 120KV motor works well because it provides ample torque even when not operating at its peak efficiency.

I also prefer AliExpress. Good they sell there now as well.

What about kV, will it be good to use 140kv with 12s? Now I am on 120kv…
@Larsb
@Pavel

This motor x3 the price of a regular one. What are the benefits aside being battle hardened?

I have run this on 12S and 14S and it works well.

1 Like