Flipsky 6374 vs 6384: Which one reigns supreme?

What is the maximum current you typically draw, and what are the maximum current limits of your battery and ESC? Additionally, what is the highest duty cycle you use?

:grinning:
It is funny, but I don’t know that experimentally as it is not VESC, do not have telemetry and there is no current limit. Throttle on the BLHeli ESC and on VX3 is at the default settings.
I just went with the simple proven to work configuration 6384+XCross 160A+12S3P board=90L/me=90kg/foil=1600sqcm.
And it is working, I take off in rough water easy without using full throttle. I just can’t quantify it with current/DC…

In that case, if you currently have a lot of unused throttle range, then this should work, even with a rough estimate.

1 Like

Received my 6374 from Flipsky and it is much louder running underwater then my cheap 6384 from china. Sounds about the same out of the water during a brief run up. I tried switching out the ceramic bearings for stainless ones and it didn’t make much of a difference. Same exact setup (esc, 12s, prop, etc). Might experiment with different timing settings in the esc programming.

Anyone have a similar experience or any ideas as to what the solution might be?

1 Like

Could be some different things, air sucked through the mast hole (if there is one), cavitation, resonance.

I had big issues with cavitation inside the rotor bell on my 80100 motor. Couldn’t remove it completely even with 3d printed covers inside the motor, epoxy smoothing etc

With my 63100 i can sometimes get what sounds like vibrations/resonance at certain speeds. I guess the long bell and lack of supporting bearing at the base might cause it. Loose bearings and unbalanced props or disturbed flow might be worth to look at.

Do you see bubbles when it happens?

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I have not looked down/back or filmed while riding yet, I will give that a try. The puzzling part is that it is noisy when moving slow thru the water at 3-4 mph as well. I assume at this speed it wouldn’t be pulling air in. Maybe there is air stuck in the rotor that is not releasing from when I first put the board in the water. Motor is very smooth with no vibration felt.

Did you also purchase their prop?

No, I am using a foil drive three blade prop. I drilled and tapped the rotor to make it work with the Flipsky motor.

1 Like

That’s strange, i agree with you. Could try to isolate the motor noise with a layer of rubber where clamp meets the mast

1 Like

1: Run the motor underwater without the prop and see if there is any noise.
2: Try a different prop and see if there is a noise.
3: Check the balancing of the foil drive prop on the motor. You may have drilled slightly off centre and created a balance issue.

1 Like

I agree the prop hole might be offcenter

1 Like