Flipsky 65220 motor

hello friends
Does anyone have any information about the Flipsky 65220 motor? Has anyone tried it before?

1 Like

Wow, great! This is just what I needed!

I think it’s a new product

Putting the esc inside motor is begging for thermal issues. Let’s hope they designed the cooling path well :fire:

If you’re interested in this one i’d start asking flipsky if the stator is the same as the 65161 or if they shorted it to make room for the esc.

This design also has extra long battery leads, since you need to run all the way up to the board to connect. This adds some resistance loss with the higher current on the DC side. Also the added length creates more impedance (something I don’t fully understand, but it’s not desirable). And on top of this Flipsky seems to have used 10awg wires which are on the small side for efoil. Their diagram actually indicates 12awg(!) but in the photo it appears to be 10awg.

I hope someone has tried it before .
I would like to try this product and share my experience with you.

Hi Larsb, the stator inside is the same as the 65161, we didn’t shorten it.

1 Like

Hi Roger, you are right, the wires are 10awg, not 12awg, we have updated the drawing. Regarding the wires length, thanks for your suggestion, we will take this into consideration and try to shorten it in the future. Thank you.

Would love to try it, however with a rated current of 60 A @50V and maximum current of 100A @30V it will not last long for me.

Why not just put a 75200 in it?

why it doesn’t last long
what kind of problems can there be

I am sometimes pulling more amp’s than 100

do we limit this?
Doesn’t the surfing stop because it doesn’t draw more than 100 amps?

Yes. But when you are used to it, you always want it.

Can a 90 kg person fly continuously with this engine?

Please don’t do this. We can easily shorten it ourselves, but extending it, if necessary, will be more challenging.

They may offer different options

1 Like

Hi JaimeJiang,

Can you add Bluetooth to this communication system?

Ok, we will not shorten it and keep the original length.

Hello, to add bluetooth function, below are our suggestions:

1. It requires to change the ESC drive mode from PPM to UART, and then connect the bluetooth module via UART port;
  2. If you want to remain PPM drive mode, we recommend to replace the 6pin cables from PPM, 5V, GND, D-,D+, GND to PPM, 5V, GND, TX, RX, GND. But in this case, it’s not available to use USB anymore.