FLYWAY (a new era has begun)

There is this Canadian company who could have released a patent around may 2021 (seen here) about an efoil driven with a fixed and removable scooter-styled handlebar (HB).
Seems you’re not within its scope (foldable HB) but worth doing some research.

Ordered one in titan color. Have 3 allready. Wondering if possible that you only drill it to diam 11mm. Would love to try it on my fliteboard.
Would this be possible as an extra christmas favour?

merry Christmas,
A blue one ordered, thanks David for this good price.

Ordered a couple! Thanks! And merry Christmas :call_me_hand::beers:

Very very hard to drill , probably with the good tool

@Flying_Rodeo, here it is: https://www.thehydroflyer.com/
first seen here in May 2021.
New competitor with something different : HydroFlyer

Aesthetically speaking the FLYWAY wins the :1st_place_medal:

1 Like

I realy dont see comen betwen.

Hydroflyer its surfboard with handlebar :joy::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Technically speaking yours is just a just different shaped board (more stand-up jetski shaped) with pivoted handlebar. The core mechanisms are all the same though. They both weight shifted electric hydrofoils with handlebars. Unless there’s a feature that I’m not seeing on the FlyWay?
The biggest issue you may face is that because Hydroflyer existed first it may invalidate your patent if other companies start producing similar setups.

david you will also include the FR motor for efoil in your shop?

After some search noted the Hydraflyer working on this patent: " our patent-pending detachable handlebars"? The Flyway patent did not find, what is it about?

Not sure whether the whole Hydroflyer thing is patented. One can find the “patent” word on the site only for Unifoils’ soft mats and wing:

Unifoil´s patent pending Cloud Tech Safety Foil technology features a rubber edged soft wing and mast. Up to 5x the impact shock absorption of a normal carbon wing. Protects rider and equipment from cuts & major damage.

I was told a while back (by David) when I questioned why pictures hadn’t been released of the flyway, that David was waiting on the patent before showing the setup. So I assume he’s patented something. It may not be under Flyway but under one of his other company names.

OK, noted thanks. Kind of surprised about the interest in related patents. During the decades of existing various PWC’s and hydrofoils, very few variants and combinations that has not already been somehow invented in one form or another. But for sure some details might be totally new innovations.

Anyhow the Flyway look like a well designed cool product, the draft required might be an issue in some areas though. Wonder about the catamaran style hull, maybe to soften impact when touching the water?

Perhaps i’m wrong, but I have been assuming that Pitch is controlled by handlebar connected to stab angle on the Flyway. If so then this is quite unique. However as always with David, details are impossible to come buy even for a product supposedly sold out :slight_smile:

No thats incorrect. If you look at this video on Instagram you can see he’s running Moses wings and can see him shifting his weight: Flying Rodeo on Instagram: "👉 wishing you RELAXING sunday 🥰🥰 ⚡️ fly with us"
If you controlled the pitch with the handlebar it would be one hell of a rodeo to ride :rofl:
Throttle is controlled by the handlebar though…

If it’s still complete weightshift, then I have a problem seeing whats so new here… A floppy handlebar could be slapped on to most efoils…

5 Likes

@Flying_Rodeo props all sold out?
Can I get one more?

Is anyone else having this problem. I went to the HighFly website and place a order for 2 props.

I received a invoice by email “Order received, thank you for your purchase.” Everything was accurate"

A couple days later I receive a email from HighFly that says.

When I click on “Pay now” , It comes back with the message “Thank you your payment is confirmed”.
At this point it appears that I have paid, but I have not. It never took any payment information from me. I have sent 3 emails to HighFly with no response.