Foil Assist with Flipsky 65111 for Axis Mast (and Flipsky 75100 ESC)

@SurfingElectronics quick update on my progress: It takes longer than expected, but I knew it will be alot to do :slight_smile:

3D printed case for the remote is finished and I start implementing the single hardware components. Remote software part is also “done” as it works in my bathtube xD BTW your propeller also did not break yet, so thanks again for the stl.

So far the motor seems strong (I only tested up to 20A as water flow was too massive in bathroom)

In VESC Tool it recognized the motor with around 41A max, is that the same values you got from scanning?

2 Likes

@chrisfoil would like to see pics and details on how you built your remote.

I got the following results. See setting further up in this chain.
Do u get similar results?

Here are some photos. Will put it together and see if it really works out of the box. Had some problems fitting the OLED, which apparently also got now a whole lot bad pixels, but anyway I just build this 1st thing and will see if all fits, especially water resistance.

3 Likes

Here is my motor result in VESC Tool.
It is interesing because on official website they claim motor can handle 30A nominal and 70A in burst.
And their thrust table states:

• 48.5V 2.7A 5KG
  • 48.5V 8.2A 10KG
  • 48.5V 18.2A 15KG
  • 48.5V 20A 17KG
  • 48.5V 25A 19KG
  • 48.5V 30A 21KG
  • 48.5V 35A 23KG

It’s odd you getting such different results to me. I did sent all the screenshots, step by step to flipsky and they replied back with some suggested changes. See earlier in the history chain. Could you post screenshots all from beginning to end all the steps you followed?

That remote is a piece of art. How do you put the rubber seal around it? What size is it? And how do you glue it to make it a closed loop?

These are 1mm thick round cord. I just put them in there with my nails xD. I also got 2mm wide that I used for the OLED. I did not glue them together for the case, my hope is that water will not penetrate exactly at this little spot.

I also did some conformal coating on the ESP and USB-C connector shield from outside, as I dont trust the design yet :smiley:

1 Like

Finished it and super happy it works :grin:

Things to check now: waterproofness, new OLED, and maybe a different hall sensor.
The best thing is, that I can still update my firmware through USB-C AND charge the internal battery :smiley:

3 Likes

I could be interested, but the kv seems a little big regarding motor power under 8S and my propeller size.

@chrisfoil ok. I’ll also try it. I had a box where the 2 ends had a mini gap and water leaked. I am waiting for this rubber glue to arrive.

@chrisfoil this is insane!!! Congrats. Please share all the details of how you did it. Very keen to replicate it.

I agree. Maybe I’ll reach to them for a lower KV. Eg 100-120

1 Like

@chrisfoil would the USB-c leak? Do you rockon there is enough room for a wireless receiver?

hi @tkramer, a few of you have asked me for the Fusion360 files. So i’ve placed:

1. AXIS red Aluminum mast (own design)
    • Flisky65111 motor (own design)
    • folding prop (from another file found in this forum)
    • propeller base (own design, note the M3 screws that i’ll need)

file in the following link:

https://www.printables.com/model/392362-axis-mast-clamp-propeller-for-flipsky-65111

Here is how it looks in Fusion360:

enjoy it

3 Likes

Thank you very much, they don’t often post a finished project with sketches!

I don’t think PLA is ever very waterproof unless the surface is processed with something. see https://youtu.be/sPxcil39RaU?t=49

Totally agree. Print all parts using PETG which also is way stronger

Hello,

could you please give me some help.

Unfortunately, the motor does not turn, it is controlled but does not run see video. The connection of the remote control worked very well.

Have the following structure:

• BLDC 65111
  • ESC 75100
  • Remote VX3 controller
  • battery 36V 10Ah 10S3P

What can be the reason for the motor not turning, just trembles?
The 3 phases have current and the motor cans turns easily by hand and is free.

I would love to hear from you and get help

Did the motor run during the autodetection wizard? What was the detected parameters?

I’m asking since if the motor that works with the esc is different from this motor then it could be just a case of getting the right parameters set.

Hello Larsb,
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, I’m a newbie in this area, what do you mean by autodetection wizard.