Foil Drive Assist, DIY

These are slightly too wide for the pod by about 9mm. @Strongarm what are you using to secure the fixed end of the strap?

@rttn where did you get the print for that stand?
@gzmann @lishine I’ve gotten these 100A cells which hopefully won’t heat up as much due to the graphene… I’m hoping that with large surface area wing at 2200cm, It’ll require less power to stay up on foil even if efoiling. I will save this for a later build but that would require a welder and such.
@toto44 got some STL to share??

Never happen. I’ve never used the front circlip. I pull the rotor/prop off before loading it in the car to prevent breaking the prop. It’s quite a tug to get it out.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a suggestion for a strap that might fit this new motor mount. I printed it off and all seems to fit well, but now looking for a strap???

Toto44 and Strongarm – which strap worked for you???

Here is the strap type here, two versions available 20mm and 25mm, I’ve forgotten which size I used but should be easily measured from the CAD.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/grunt-20mm-x-60cm-versa-strap_p0199268

2 Likes

I used this

Simply cut to length and drill a hole at the desired point.
But needs adjustment in the stl.
I will upload my files next week

1 Like

20mm width Just short of 13/16 Inch

1 Like

If anyone has any images of this design on an Axis 19mm ALU mast I’d love to see how close the fit is. No doubt Axis people will be keen on this too.

Here’s how I teardown the motor. I can only speak to the cheapest 6384 motors. I’m sure people will be screaming at their screen. Haha.

18 Likes

Does the pin lock the stator housing to the windings?
I’m going to try free mine up today.

Ya it just keeps the stator from rotating on the black housing. The black housing has a slot that the pin goes in and then just line it up with the slot in the stator.

Thanks for this. That is really useful.

Strap Motor mount for 63mm motor and Gong HM Carbon Mast by toto45 - Thingiverse

I hope I can test mine next weekend, so if you use this, please consider it untested!

3 Likes

No problem at all! This forum has been such a help/inspiration to me that I want to contribute in anyway I can to help out!

3 Likes

I followed your video and it worked a treat. Thanks again.

I’m so glad it was helpful!! Let me know if you want to see anything else!

1 Like

If you get a moment, it would be great to see how you have joined your cable to the copper windings and insulated it. :+1:

1 Like

I will try and get a video done by Friday and post it for you.

1 Like

I have an old 6384 100kv I need to take apart in order to resolder… Only problem is the top looks threaded and it’s also epoxied at base…

Any one have any wise ideas?
This is the alienpower 6384. Great motor if I can get it apart and resoldered… That will also mean I can waterproof it a bit better.

I did try giving it a knock but no movent…

Why resolder it, is it shorted?

One of the cables snapped off right near the stator housing. Figured if I can take it apart I can just replace all three cables.