Foil Video Thread

Not a ton of guys can beach start, but I think if you’re a serious pump monkey you can learn to beach start with not to much trouble I bet. I took 20 minutes trying to learn it the other day. Only made one attempt where I got up to both feet. It’s doable though.

Here’s one of the best at it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFBnunVjUca/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Home spot, pretty average surf spot but world class foil spot :grinning:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHftXCtojQX/

1 Like

All alone out there too. Looks so fun on a foil. It that was here there’s be at least 6 lafc guys on it haha.

What size is that board?

In France we are under a semi lock down, surfing is forbiden except for pros and surf instructors , others people can get a 135 euros ticket from the cops, this is crazy…

The board is a 4’6 x 18.5 x 2.9 - 32L, full carbon ultra light 2.2kg

That is absurd! I would definitely call that a lockdown if you are not allowed in the water. Is boating not allowed either?

To be a pro, all you need is a sponsorship agreement. So pretty much anyone can get a sponsorship from anyone else for any sum of money…

I can’t seem to find that video of two tow foilers at either Nazare or Belharra. One foiler almost runs over the other. Can someone post it here? And I have no idea how the foilers can go over the ski’s wake and not eat it. Amazing :exploding_head:

No water sport activity.

Restaurants, bars, small business are closed. This is ridiculous…

wow that looks like a LOT of fun all by yourself😀

AXIS make me a 700 please! (Smaller 900) that unifoil 150 is everything I want to do on a foil. Smooth. Minimal pumping. Hard carves and snap turns.

1 Like

Then get yourself a Unifoil :wink:

1 Like

All Wings Report In!..

Thanks for the post. I just joined this forum today! Excited to be here. This was the first post I came across. Two super good points you make. I just want to clarify. The thicker mast let me translate more energy into the pump than the thinner mast did which I felt allowed me to go faster while pumping. I expected the 16mm to have less drag and I’m sure it did, I just wasn’t able to get it pumping faster and starting speed mattered more to create a longer glide than lower drag. Note that this might not be the case If I had a lower wingspan wing as these big wings flex the mast in the weaker direction unless you can pump without any lateral loading which I find hard to do.

Regarding lift review, another good point. Max pump speed and max speed of foil are two different things. I didn’t test max speed.

I found the lift 200HA didn’t accelerate as well. With a larger rear wing I anticipate it would’ve been better as I can generate a greater force when heaving a foil w a larger rear wing.

Excited to keep looking at these posts. I can’t believe I didn’t know this group existed prior to today!

This made my day! I love learning foiling and sharing it just as much as foiling itself. I’m glad when others appreciate it. It fuels my fire to keep going, even though the lake is <40F :slight_smile: I just joined this forum thanks to @Surfcowboy. I love criticism just as much. And love video ideas so please send if you have them.

1 Like

I probably should’ve said it more clearly in the video that I don’t expect the same conclusion for smaller wings when the wingtip load caused by imperfect pumping isn’t as large and won’t flex the mast as much in weaker direction.

Oh shit guys, @FoilingNY just showed up.:joy::rofl: @Hdip I hit him on Insta and told him to come school us. I’m looking forward to your questions for him, for sure. Welcome NY. There’s a ton of good foilers and humans, on here.

Yeah @Surfcowboy I messaged with him on his YouTube page the other day.

@FoilingNY love your videos. They’re very well thought out and clear. I’m just a guy who consumes as much foil content as I can get my eyes on and try to make sense of it so I can spend my money wisely.

Nobody tell him what the other foil forums are. :grinning:

Ha! I have as much to learn as share. Probably more. You guys sounds like you’re having a blast and are a good group. My search for the perfect lake wing continues. Thanks again for the invite. What are your favorite wings right now & why?

1 Like

Post up a new thread on that topic @FoilingNY I’ll reply there. It should get some traffic.

Yes this 150 Unifoil looks great.
857mm wing span/128mm cord/968cm2, that is a hight aspect wing !!

I wonder how it is compared to the Kujira 980 ???