Fr 2019 motor system

if I take a switchable DC fuse with 200A, I can put it between battery and controller. Why can`t I use it to turn it on and off? Then there are no sparks, right?

Or where does the problem arise?

What are you using today ?

There will be sparks inside the fuse. We are not scared about the sparks, but what they do to the ESC.

Soā€¦ Conclusionā€¦ Let it sparkā€¦ :crazy_face:

The big questionā€¦ How hobbywing does itā€¦
14S 200Aā€¦ Anti sparkā€¦

http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=634&filter_attr=6345.0![chrome|690x318](upload://vgxldS5004ii2kxY5BxGBs3LFPR.jpeg)

Mine was the Vedder 5 mosfet, with also a 12V step down, handy for the voltmeter/ammeter.
It worked well for some time but it canā€™t take near close to the continuous current for which is rated. As far as I know, even the other models tend to get scary hot on efoil applications, my buddy had one and he get rid of it.
So far, I use antispark connector, that switch was fantastic for logistic, I prepared the board with battery, turn it off, assemble the mast on the beach and turn it on as I hit the water. Was also safe on the sea, to have the chance to recycling the power in case esc or transmitter goes in errorā€¦ will see on build 3.0 to implement something else.

Did you use an extra heatsink on it?

@overdrive I have an FR motor. Where are you located?

Austria, 5 hours away from FR :slight_smile:

Do you have one with mast and the selling on the mast plate?

Hi, I have just the motor but Austria is too far to ship from USA.

do you have any photos? I might be keen.

Nope. That would have helped probably. True is that I run that switch for one season with no issues, this year it worked for many sessions and all of a sudden melted, the circuit board gets hot and tin goes liquid! The second one lasted maybe 4 sessions and same but with less drama (no smoke, just the power on forever).
The odd (coincidence?) is that despite I rarely run on 20A 12s Multistarā€¦ I was foiling on those. Maybe the lighter weight made me run and carve faster, sucking more juice out of batteries?

Somebody in the German community told me that if a mosfet opens just a milisecond earlier than the others in parallel, it gets fried.

Hy guys short question. Does anyone have a working mastclamp for the Reachertech maytech motor?

1 Like

That duct looks familiar. :wink:

I havenā€™t printed one off yet. Did it fit on the reachertech motor OK.

Blue prop and blue duct :heart_eyes::star_struck:

FLY fast and stay high :sunglasses:

Great fitting duct :+1:

The duct fits fine and he feels very stable. The holes for the screws fit perfectly. The only thing that did not quite fit was the inside thread. I have printed it with petg

Thanks for the great Stl at michion good work :ok_hand:

Is this flipsky or reacher motor?

Reachertech I was not sure about the kv but I took 120kv version I donā€™t know if it will work :grin: