Frankenstein build (Fliteboard, Gong V2 mast, Flipsky 75200 VESC and in my case a Tritonfoils X1 monofoil)

I’ve been dreaming of building one for years, but the fiberglass always put me off. I’ve built like 8 VESC OneWheels and am active in the VESC discord server. This is the first build guide that I thought to myself “yeah I can probably do this”.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s one of the easiest way to get going. We have build several boards, and the fiber glassing was also for us the part we did not like.

Anyway. We have done a small update to our board.
It’s now got a 15S1P just over 3kWh battery in it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow beauty!=========

1 Like

Very nice!
I’m still waiting to hear how that Tritonfoil wing works out. Have you ridden it yet @Kian?

1 Like

Yes, I did test it one time till now.

It’s still too cold here to do a good test, but the time I did test it, it felt really smooth and very direct! The speed range is wide!

Absolutely no front foot pressure was needed, and I’ve never been on the foil this quick; it was very direct.

As better weather is on its way, I hope to do a full review really soon!

3 Likes

15S. 1P??

Tell us more😀

1 Like

15 times a LG Chem E63B in series = 15S and all in 1 parallel row. (1P)

1 Like

Ahh yes I recall you were designing a pack using pouches. :grinning:

Quite amazing that there is 60Ah in a pouch!!

Did you decide you require a higher than average V level or was that more the size of the pouches made that a logical number - 15S

Happy to hear that the initial water test went well! Sort of Brrrrr where I am to😀

1 Like

As I already have a 12S9P, and really wanted to try a 15S, and make the local Fliteboard boys jealous with it, I (actually my dad) decided to build the 15S.
We have 16 pouches, but no way it would have fitted.

2 Likes