FreeRChobby 66160

I actually disassembled the motor, as I got a short circuit on the windings. As a tow, I used a rifle case, the motor overheated and water also got into it. I’m going to rewind the stator for high currents.

12 slots stator and 10 or 14 magnets in rotor more better. But is Efoil we need minimum 100mm stator. I think from freehobby the best motor is 70141

I didn’t lack power. Despite the disgusting aerodynamic properties, when using a 16s battery, the rifle case literally jumped onto the foil. Also on a 12s battery I go pretty easy on the foil using the rifle case as a tow.
The main problem with this motor is waterproofing, and this problem is much more relevant for 70141, since it does not have a ceramic seal.

So you think this motor will work for efoil?
I tryed it yesterday on my efoil but could not get enough speed to start planing and get on foil…
What current setting are you using and propeller.
Btw my setup is 12s.

Why do you think that this one is problematic to waterproof?
I filled mine with mineral and have no leaks.
Mineral oil is so good ad leaking it will leak even on tiniest holes whare water cant.

Parameters: motor 190A, battery 160A. As for the propeller, at first I used the standard Yamaha, because the blades broke on the printed propellers. Then switched to Easyfoil 6’
I’ve never had a problem getting out on the foil.
I was talking about waterproofing issues, referring to the manufacturer’s use of headless screws.

I’d be interest to know of a solvent could have been used to melt the glue and take the stator out neatly…

Do you got pictures of the rifle case tow boogie?

Ohh…
I used 160 motor and 160 batt current.
An i used my 3d printed prop around 7’ that is working excellent on my other serup (sss 500kv and gearbox 1/4.25).
I will try your settings and different prop.

Unfortunately, I didn’t take a photo. They are in your rifle case theme. The only changes I made were flipping the front wing and stabilizer on the fuselage upside down so the tow would push into the water instead of jumping out of it. The towline should be tied to the mast as close to the motor as possible.

I thought about putting the motor in alcohol to soften the glue. But I didn’t have the patience to wait a few days.

I think your settings are ok. Change the propeller, use a high aspect ratio wing, it seems to me that this is the right way.

Im using RL wing from 2019, not new model.
It going well on my other setup.

I need to check kv of my motor.
Maby thay sent wrong motor…

My motor alsoburned up.
I suspect a short somwhare in windings.
Can ask you to give me number of turns per coil when you remove your winding from stator.

I have placed my motor in acetone to remove varnish, it is slow but it dose soften it.
Im little bit woried will it disolve protective layer betwean laminations.

Interesting, this winding factor is low. I don’t understand why the manufacturers do such low pole numbers. Maybe the magnets risk fracture in small dimensions?

Still this motor configuration is not the best and the copper fill in the slots is low on the pictures. I wouldn’t buy this motor for an efoil.

Normally the screw heads aren’t sealing elements, and then why would it leak? It’s always a gasket that seals, are there screw holes straight into the sealed area?

No.
Screw holes have bottom, thay are not thrue whole backplate…
Problem is oring on backplate it is to thin and dosnt provide enough sealing.
I will replace that…
Also, yes this motor is not the best one for efoil but it works for my friend and @rttn .
I got bad one, mine had bad soldering joint whare phases connect to star configuration so it burned within 5min.
Im planing to rewind it with more cooper.
I will se how much i will menage to fit in thare.
It was wound with 18 strands of 0.3 wire 4T.
I will try to get 16x0.4.
If we look cross section of 0.3 and 0.4 16 strands of 0.4 will have 30% more copper in.

Yes i agree with you.
10 poles would be much better.
I know that magnets are hard to maschine, mabye that is reason why thay dont make more pole motors in tis small casings.
Thay can easly brake when tay maschin them to size.