FreeRChobby 66160

Congratulations for the good work. Have you taken a “FOC detection result” snapshot before redoing the cabling ?
How will you measure the improvements ? Do you have a protocol in mind ?

Unfortunately, I don’t have a screenshot with the detection results. But I remember that the results were about the same. It probably doesn’t make sense to take additional measurements.

Thank you wery much, but im eaven more confused now…
This is the same configuration i used…
How did i get 0.064 ohm then, i rely dont know…
im 99% shure i counted how many wires ware in single phase correctly…
Did thay termintaded your in delta?

Is it to much to ask if you can finde out how many turns thay have counted and how many wires pher phase (coil)?

Here is a complete photo with comments in Russian: the number of turns, the number of wires, the thickness of the wires.

Thank you…
I have also counted 18 wires of 0.32 diameter…
I counted turns of only one phase (apparently that one with 4turns) so i did 4 turns on all phases ( mine kv will be little lower but that isnt problem)
To rewinde i have use 15x 0.4 wires, so my resistance suppose be lower then your, less turns less wire lenght and 15x 0.4 have more copper area then 18x 0.33…
im totaly confused now why i have 0.064ohms…
I mesured resistance using profesional instrument that can masure down to few microohms, i will try to connect my motor to vesc today and see what will vesc say.
Thank you for all help.

Here are mine detection results…
Apparently vesc reads half of what is measured.
I was worried for nothing.
Haha.
Water test is next.
Did you tried yours?

No, I haven’t tested it yet, but I’m ready. This time I decided to leave the rifle case on the shelf. I want to test the mast on my standard 80 liter foilboard in two modes: efoil and tow.
I’m glad you’re all right.

Thanks…
Mine board is around 100L and its needs a lot off power to start paining and lift up.
I hope this motor will have enough power.
Wich foilboard do you have?

98l Sabfoil T98, 85l F-One Rocket and 80l custom board from a local manufacturer. Oh yes, and a rifle case, of course) Volume, I think, 45l.

1 Like

Damn…
Nice arsenal.
I realy like sabfoil T98, looks great.

I measured the speed of the motor, they amounted to 4820 rpm. So Freerchobby sold a 100 kv motor even though I ordered 120 kv. Beware of this company, they absolutely don’t care about their customers.

But it worked for you before it burned?
100kv i also suitable for efoil.
You only need propeller with higher pitch…
I have mesured mine kv after rewinde and i got 119kv, but i did 4T on all coils so that can acount for differance.
I personaly would not order from freerchobby agin.

It’s not that he worked. This fact once again shows the disregard for this company to its customers.
It’s strange that your kv is bigger. How did you measure it?

Motor kv is dependent of how many turns coils have inside.

You can se here from firduo shop, 120kv have 3T and 100kv have 3.5T.
Originally 66160 had 4.5T but i counted wrong and did 4T so i got little more kv.
I have measured using drill and multimeter.
You can check on youtube how its done.
Also i have done measurement using vesc by reading erpm at full speed without load and dividing that with pol pairs (4), then from voltage and rpm you can get kv.
Using vesc i got 112kv

I just used a laser tachometer.

Which firmware for vwsc are you using?

I’m using Vesc Tool 3.00 and “no_hw_limits” firmware.

Thank you…
i cant get this motor to work well with my vesc.
Up to 100A it is ok, i get speed and power but lack some more for plaining and liftoff.
As i give it more throttle motor is takeing more amps but it dosnt accelerate more, and if i hold it longer on higher currents it actualy loses rpm and power…
i realy dont know what is happening…
i am using makerX HI200 vesc, do you use the same one?