Hi Michael,
I built several stabs, a front wing and a mast, see here:
I did not build them in one shot but several steps.
First I laminated the two halves in vacuum. For the bigger wings and mast I did that in 2 steps laying the two outer layers first and then adding
more inner layers of biax 45 degree and UD.
I then cut and sanded the two halves to fit the mould. You need also to make sure there is not too much material, especially towards the trailing edge where the wing is thin. If it is too much, sand down (nasty). For the last step I used a mix of cfk flackes, glass ballons and thickened epoxy and put everything together in the mold. No vacuum but a lot of clamps, see picures.
For the mast I used some carbon tubes for the phase wires between the two half shells, these also increase stiffnes. For the rest of the gap I put 60kg/m3 foam sanded to fit the space.
The amount off the filler mix is important. Too much and you can’t properly close the mould and trailing edges get too thick. Too little and there will be air gaps and bad bond betweeen the two halves. For the front wing I added a balsa bar wrapped in cfk and put it between the halves to strenghten the wing. The rest of the gap was filled with hard foam sanded to fit.
Although the front wing is mechanically strong, it is not very stable to ride, so I did not use it a lot.
I’m really happy with the mast though, I used it for one season and it did not break.
Mast: Daniel's 2nd build - #2 by sat_be