GONG PRO surf wings

Hi Riwi !
Any updateregarding the Pro Wing ?
Max speed achieved, stability compared to the classic version ?
Power to get on the foil ?

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply. Been messy.
So the good news is that the gong pro M together with the original surf stab is a blast! Riding it is easy and I am able to run slalom and do hard turns like never before. Regarding the speed I hit approx 30kmh but thatā€™s with a new prop and the prop is not as good as the old one.

Anyhow if maneuverability is you thing I canā€™t think of a better match when it comes to wing/stab. The stab is so forging. I rode to high multiple times, prop sucks air, and could easily hinder the fall but just shifting my weight. This was nearly impossible with the kite stab.

1 Like

Thank you for testing and feedback , just to make sure , I think there are 4 back wing , one for kite 40cm that looks straight , 3 sizes for surf 40 45 and 55cm , which one have you tested ?

40cm kite stab and surf stab that comes with the standard 65cm medium surf package.

I also want to order a gong mast and wing. I want a stable ride. Should a 80cm mast with pro M wing be stable enough ? Or shorter mast with pro L wing ?

The videoā€™s looks good and stable. But maybe you have better skills than I have.

What is your mast length ?

For a stable ride with early lift, gong medium wing and 65cm mast.

For a more challenging ride, 80cm mast and pro medium wing.

Br

Rikard

Thanks. M classic still can reach 30kmh ?

I doubt between the M classic and the L Pro

The L pro is a bit bigger but thinner, maybe a bit faster and because bigger more stable ?

Iā€™ve done 32 with M. Broke my prop before I could test the M pro.

Hi Riwi,
Did you record the power needed for both wings: standard M and pro M ?

Hi! I canā€™t tell the difference. I would say they are the same at normal speed.

But it takes more time with the Pro right ?

Not really, go for the pro.

Yes we definately recommend our costumers the L Pro it is great wing for efoilsā€¦ easy handling and you can go up to 35 or even 40km/h depending on your motor powerā€¦
But that is not that important, it handles just very nice around the speet spot of 20-25km/h and power consumption can be as low as 1kw with itā€¦
Allvator M works fine to but we would recommend for the pro, it`s worth it and anyway pricelessā€¦
our video below was done with the Allvator M and it works easy too as you can see;-)
facebook.com/elevatefoil

I would go for M pro. It will is easy to ride and challenging. I think you will get bored of the L quickly.

Between L Pro and M Pro, what do you recommand ?

I have no use the L pro but if you are normally skilled I would go for M pro. It might be a little bit harder to learn with it but once you are up and running it will last you one season before you want to upgrade.

I thought this is also a matter of total weight (efoil+user)?

I have the Alvator L standard version. It is great and needs only 30/35A to get on the foil, and 20A on the foil at 23kph.
Iā€™m afraid I will need way more power with the M Pro

Thatā€™s a good thing to keep in mind! Yes larger wings are usually slower but they also consume less amps (at lower speeds) so if you have a small battery packā€¦ You might want to consider bigger wingsets otherwise your ride time will be greatly affected!