GONG PRO surf wings

25kg efoil and 75kg rider on pro M.

Add +20 for me :grinning:

Maybe L then :slight_smile:

20 char

Yes go for the L or L Pro. generally the Pro needs a bit less wattage and is designed for a bit higher speeds… For the beginning the regular Alvator is fine too;-)

Elevate Efoil Upgrade Kit - Video

More Gong wings incoming, they offer soon veloce series whatever that means. Also they have pro curve series.

I asked customer service if they provide (b-)samples for rental or something which would be totally awesome; that is their advantage, plug and play. Unfortunately they do not offer this. Also I have asked if they would join an efoil meeting where several gong drivers meet, so they can test some wings, again rejected. So it is up to us to test the wings…still a little bit disappointed.

1 Like

These are good values. What setup do you got?

Means swift, agile, fast, quick.
Looks like they are about to release the missing links of the brand (thinner wings and thinner stabs) most suited for our 90+kg / 180lbs+ efoil needs .
Looking forward to knowing the gained amps, comfort and max speed of M and L Veloce wings fitted with the veloce high AR fast stabs.

A longer fuselage would be great for better stability. I now put my rear wing a bit more to the back and use only one screw. Even those 2,5cm makes a big difference

Gong Allvator L + Flipsky 100Kv + VESC 200A Flipsky.
I am making a second one with similar setup + 80cm mast + Maytech 200A Vesc. I will let you know the results

Which prop did you use to get those figures ? Do you have a possibility to test with a FR prop ? I think @ELEVATE.rocks did some similar tests with the L wing and the RL wing

In the quest for the sub 20A fly:

• using a wing with lower thickness to chord ratio (TCR) like a Gong L pro or even better a L Veloce. A normal Gong L is in the 13-15% TCR which is nice for surfing but huge for efoiling but still gives good results. This is why an important progression margin is wide open towards the 5-7% TCR,
  • using a high AR APC prop as demonstrated by @s9tim from here, 25A with a small wing:
    The efoil crew using a model air propeller in water - #24 by s9tim - Props & Ducts - FOIL.zone
  • using a canard setup (Zeeko XLW or XXLW)) that uses 2 medium TCR wings (8-10% range) front wing AND stab with positive lift to ensure low drag.
1 Like

I designed my own prop’.

Your ideas look like a lot of work for a small increase in performances. Cruising using 900W on the foil is enough for me. Gaining 150W is too much work. I already spent dozen of hours on 2 build. Now I am more than satisfied and prefer to enjoy the ride with friends =D

Hi, do you have any logs ? I have very similar setup with optimized propellers and i am above your values (70kg rider 20kg foil)

i use 1100cm2 surf wing and FR prop 6" or custom propellers

thanks

Good to know . I just got my Flipsky 100kv motor yesterday. Could you share your prop?

Its a shame i have no VESC for logging.

I have the Gong L Pro wing, 120Kv Flipsky motor and FR Prop.
Samsung 30Q 12S12P

Although I am 90Kg with a e-foil total weight of 28Kg.

Is there a simplistic way to measure my AMP draw?

@Beninspain promising setup.
Logger: you’ll have to ask to the ZTW support or the place where you bought it.
Google or search on the forum Eagle tree data logger. @Mat has one of them if I remember correctly.
@rogjalon have you heard about any feture with the SEAL 300 ? I don’t think data logging is possible. Only VESCs , Swordfish 130A, … I heard about.

If you look at @frederic_courteille’s recent post [Fred] Another build from France - #47 by frederic_courteille - Builds - FOIL.zone, we are not (hopefully) that far from the point where users will make such high AR 1500cm2 with 5-7%TCR type of wings at cost for other forum members :wink: Thanks @visor360 for making this possible :+1:

1 Like

Your wing is 1100, Gong L is 1643 (1926 developed).
I don’t have any Duct and my propeller is specially designed for my configuration of battery voltage / Motor kV. Also, My board is 100L, 180cm by 75cm. It helps a lot getting on the foil.

Logs:

GPS on my phone sucks. GPS speed is not reliable on those logs.

I am 70kg. Board is 26kg.

1 Like

How do you get those info chart? Vesc?

Thanks for the logs. Looks quite good! Do you got a picture of your prop?

@SoEFoil I don’t know anything about that.
I’m not sure I understand exactly. Are you saying that the Flipsky (ZTW) seal ESC can be updated with another firmware to have data logging?