GONG PRO surf wings

Yes, Vesc with a metr.At bluetooth module that allows you to record datas

I was asking if you had heard about a way to make data logging possible with the ZTW SEAL 300A sold by Flipsky because IMHO it is not in the feature list I read.

I have just read that the ZTW gecko series ESCs have a data logging upgrade firmware available, but canā€™t find any information regarding the ZTW seal

I have some new experience to share:
As you might know the was German Efoil Meet last weekend. Got the opportunity to change some wings. I could try a Gong Pro M on my board. Dont forget that I am a 95kg rider with 25kg board (maybe 80L; ā€œNewcomer buildā€ in this forum). The wing worked like charm and is a blast compared to my standard Rise L. The agility / maneuverability is dramatically different. With Rise L it is more like driving a Harley while the Pro is like a 400ccm sportsbike. Dont let Gong trick you by recommmending XL or even XXL wings; M was absolutely okay for heavy me. Surely I needed more time to start; for RISE L I can foil more or less straight away. Pro M needs some speed up time.
Nevertheless the Rise is a great wing to learn foiling. Especially due to the high sensitivity of the Pro M Btw: in top speed there was no significant difference between Pro M and Rise L. Remember: the wing is smaller and thinner. Unfortunately I do not have logs yet to prove my assumption.

Cheerio

The Pro M was not mine; I am going to buy one, but I saw Gong has ā€œproā€ and ā€œcurveā€ which look more or less the same, but have a price difference of 50ā‚¬. Any Idea?

There is this video summarising the gap between Curve (ex Pro) and Velloce:

• the pro range has been renamed ā€œCurveā€
  • Velloce wings being 50% thinner have a higher Vmax 4+knots compared to Curve/Pro.

Even if a M-sized wing should be enough for many of us, just found this 2020 L range description and differences explained (subtitles), designed for foilsurfers but a good match for efoils. (the video can be stopped at 10ā€™30"):

• the Rise (used to be the Classic range), slow comfortable wing 2kg, mat paint finish (cheaper)
  • the Curve (used to be the Pro range), fast wing 1.31kg, carbon pro clear finish
  • the Veloce (new for 2020), thinnest and fastest wing 0.9kg, carbon pro clear finish
2 Likes

Iā€™ve been pushing the M pro lately and Iā€™m very impressed by its performance.

I made a new board this year, only 53liter, and it weighs approx 5 kilos. Total weight with 42ah batteries and gong pro M is approx 22kg.

The light and small board is a perfect match for the M pro.

If you should get one wing I highly recommend the gong pro M. It might be a little bit harder to learn but you can push it really hard and you wonā€™t get tired of it.

2 Likes

The veloce will be much better than the pro M. The high aspect wings allow you to use a slightly wider wing which means much better stability and are still faster that the normal and pro wings. All high aspect wings I have ridden have outperformed other wings by at least 4kph.

Did you find a big efficiency gain ?

Yes, it was much more efficient. A great wing makes a huge difference!

2 Likes

I ride the pro L very nice but I never compared it with something else. But higher speeds like 30 kmh takes about 2700 watt. Any suggestions to go faster with less power but still stable?

Soon we will have Rise XL/L, pro M and curve M and veloce L available in German team. Looking forward to test them all and provide corresponding logs.

any news on the veloce wings?

Hi, i have testet the Gong Foil Standart M, Pro in M, Pro L and the Veloce in M.The Veloce M is the best from the Wings for me. IĀ“ve got 80 Kg and the Board 30kg. Pro M is ok but Veloce is faster. I use the 40cm kite Stab and the 43cm pro. The kite Stab is more agressive and i think a litle bit faster.

1 Like

Do you have logs? Whatā€™s the rest of your setup?

Hi mark!

What would you say the difference between veloce and pro M is? Is it as stable as the pro M or a s it less stabile and faster?

Thanks

R

If you can reach motor max rpm (95% duty) you wonā€™t be faster. I have similar top speed for pro M and Rise L which have significant difference in size and thickness. But the M is more efficient.

Ofc this in turns mean you have more spare amps on more efficient wing if you can address them by suitable prop. So you can be faster with same consumption

No entirely true. A more efficient wing will mean less prop slip and can translate to a slightly faster top speed.

I was waiting for this. Quick as usual. Theoretically correct but could not prove it by data. Maybe 0.x km/h, agree

1 Like