GONG PRO surf wings

I see up to 3kph difference between my wings. My fastest is super twitchy though as it’s only 56cm wide and only starts foiling at 23kph.

This what I am afraid of, I have already a hard time to start with pro M vs Rise L. With rise 100amp was sufficient, for Pro M almost 130 is needed. For veloce I might to go as high as 150.

Dont care much about top speed. I’m more interested in how it feels in terms of ride-ability.

1 Like

One way to set us straight would be to use a remote that allows constant rpm increment steps. Eg 0 to 4000rpm with 200rpm per step.
We could compare precisely the speed, current and prop slip and get a precise takeoff and max speed
@Felixfoiler, @YAHEF, @samisin, using a wheel or (+) and (-) buttons, which of you could implement that in his remote ? This rpm cruise control mode could be easily cancelled when the trigger is pressed.

First ride on pro M vs Rise L was like 750ccm vs 400ccm sports bike in terms of agility. I don’t know if this is due to “M vs L” and or pro vs Rise. However the basic speed on pro M is faster and for slower turning the rise L is still a good option and will for sure remain in my stock. To be honest I have no clue what veloce will behave and looking forward to test it.

That’s a nice way of thinking, very scientific. I could set the rpm limit also in vesc tool, even in metr. I could switch props and limits at beach, should have the data at several stops (prop switch and setting new max erpm)

1 Like

VESC has the exactly that with nunchuck mode, which I am using in my remote. When it is in cruise mode, throttle control (in my cas hal drmdpt and trigger) becomes increase and decrease rpm control from the mid point of the throttle, then by clicking right side switch it locks the rpm.

1 Like

Yes, comparing props, comparing wings. I’ve made many calls on this forum but been unlucky so far. It dosen’t seem that difficult to implement.

Well it’s hard to compare results from different riders. Weight, wind and water conditions are not same. You need one setup to test all and compare. I can provide data for rise L and pro M on Flipsky 100kv with FR prop and printed high pitch one. I also have soon a gong setup ready with a 120kv inrunner

Of course, same rider, one parameter change (wing or prop) at a time perpendicular to the wind or during a no wind day, ideally on a lake.

could be done, but i dont have extra buttens available. I have on and off and gas.

1 Like

unfortunately I don’t have any logs. I built two identical boards; I’m riding with a friend; on one board we have the Veloce M and the other the Pro M.

Hello, the Veloce isn’t quite as stable as the pro M, but it’s still easy to ride. It is faster than the Pro M. Unfortunately I am still missing the rear Veloce wing because it has not been available for a long time. We use the Gong 40cm kite wing and the rear wing from the Pro M. But the rear wing from the Pro M doesn’t go well with the Veloce. You have the feeling that it is braking. With the 40 kite wing on the Veloce you can make very tight, fast turns. It reacts very quickly and is very “agile”. The Pro M set up feels a bit more sluggish, but more stable against the Veloce. For beginners I would rather recommend the Pro M setup.

please correct me if I am wrong, I read almost all the posts and come to conclusion that VELOCE PRO L will be the best balanced (efficiency,control) option to go
Second question is how you guys order this! only combo they have is full carbon version and it is expensive

Not so sure about that, Veloce wings brings more speed but that will most likely come at a price of lower stability.

Is this your first foil? If so go for the standard M. When you get comfortable with that wing you buy a Veloce and maybe also a Veloce stab.

1 Like

I have this Chinese foil which works fine but I see close to 40A average cruising current with flying rodeo prop which is too high. Planning to switch to Gong but know I am more confuse which gong setup to select for a good efficiency and control balance. I am not looking to break speed record so efficiently and good control is the goal

The high aspect wings normally have a wider wingspan , but smaller chord and thickness. This makes them faster and more efficient and also more stable. Because of the extra wingspan, they can affect your carving, but that is very dependant on each individual’s skillset.
@samisin you piece together a setup with aluminium mast, fuselage and then the veloce wings, you just need to purchase the parts individualy.

1 Like

Thanks I guess My mast might fit andI can just buy fuselage and wings

Hi,

Would recommend the RL board 2019 wing as well, real good value at 229€. It has a sweetspot that is about 7kmh higher than the 2020 wing that you see on the homepage. For me at 95kg sweetspot is 30kmh.
Gong is heavier mostly from the clunky fuselage.

1 Like

RL fits almost any mast as it has a flexible hole pattern in the fuselage that allows different screw spacing.