GONG PRO surf wings

Hey Guys, David From Israel …
, new to this forum and must say it is very helpful and relevant, I am before a new project in Israel and I read this whole post, ask between GONG PRO/CURVE and GONG DOLCE, I am a beginner surfer new in this EFOIL world but with 8 years of kite experience and wave surfing, will not go on GONG RISE couse I think it will block my progress very fast :

1. will the Curve will do the same ? (block and limit my progress)
  2. which size you recomend I’m 86kg , recomended size from GONG spec is L but that’s without the e-power added > more speed > more lift power^2, so I think about M size
  3. mast length ? for open sea (RED SEA) I think more is great so maybe ~80cm ?

what do you think ? thanks…

I am 95kg and ride Curve M. Would always recommend this wing. How many L is your board? Mast for sure the 80cm one.

Regards

Thanks Alot ,
which rear wing you are using ?

Will build my own board with the help of my friens (composites exparts) will go for lift 5’0 sport shape or 5’6 sport , which lenght you are surfing ?

just saw …

" Mistral windsurf (1,40x65x0,14) "

and GONG L :slight_smile:

I have two stab, rise in big and pro/curve in tiny. They are different but it feels agile with both. Maybe the pro/curve is more twitchy.
I have a cutter windsurfer (newcomer build) with maybe 90 L or something. Never found the time to be exact on this. But it does sink when I am not moving :slight_smile:

Correct, but due to arrow shape there is not much of volume at 1/3 of the board

great ,

Thanks Alot…

sad that 80cm GONG mast are not in stock

If you send them an email you should get good deals on 80cm masts. I’ve seen some in their physical shop sold as second hand but almost brand new.

Curve-T range is coming soon and should be a good choice for efoiling.

1 Like

I remember reports in the past of the Gong masts not fitting as tight into the base plate as their Naish brethren. Is that still the case or do they have a good, tight fit now?

Where did you see the curve T?

Gong Galaxy group

1 Like

I had to glue my mast to baseplate to lower the play so no, it’s still not pefect.

thx , will contact them

also didn’t saw it on their website… can some one send link to it…?

Thx

I posted a video thread in the surf foiling section. The first video is of the new Gong wing.

I have the Rise XL and Curve M. Just ordered the Curve L - T today! Now my “gong wait” begins.

What do you guys think, for a 65kg rider, should probably go with the MT?

14S, 120kv Flipsky motor, FR 6" prop