Gyro balanced efoil

I would imagine the kite would have also created quite a bit up upwards force unweighting you a bit. Ie. not just dragging you horizontally.

With the foil motor you’ll only have horizontal force underwater which creates a very different situation.

May I ask where does this information come from ?

Oups, it is 4.2kw for both efoil and flyshoes which is not much either: https://www.supernovafoil.com/supernova-flyshoes

200213 Flyshoes specs

Don’t forget his other design…

Not too sure Marc knows where his batteries can actually go, or exactly what he thinks it will be used for.
It can’t hit a ramp, it can’t grind a rail. Did he design it to just blend fish?

Not quiet the same : my wake is 1,4m , 1m is to short I think to have right foot position , even the lift 4.4’’ is tricky on start

You do realise that Marc’s board is claimed to be in the region of 1m. Hence the point I made about trying a 1m board…

Could we just agree about my previous point and question that was:
Can we takeoff from water with a small board with neutral buoyancy (it floats), with minimum surface, and cannot bear the riders weight because its volume is a quarter of the current standards ?
I think the answer is yes.
Then if you insert servos in a thickened fuselage to move flaps controlled by an IMU, are we thatt far from the Supernova concept ?

Very nice. I remember the Moses prototype as well. No board surface requires a tremendous pull from the kite.
In the past there has been a few brands making transparent twin tips that float.

Then, would they float with a efoil under the board you might ask. With a carbon efoil, most probably.

No, because a neutral buoyancy board would mean a 25kg setup has 25L of volume. This has not been demonstrated anywhere on the forum. Neither Peter nor Robbie (both their setups were lighter than the volume of board) had neutral buoyancy. Even 10L of volume is hugely different from neutral buoyancy!

This is also another pointless add-on. Its already proven by complete beginners on Lift boards that it is not needed. So why add extra complexity and maintenance?

Take a carbon foil, strap a motor to it, drop it in the water, see it it floats…

I am being patient, I am giving Marc the benefit of the doubt. I am prepared to wait even with unforseen delays which were clear on the 25th December. How many of you have been delayed by this or that Guys, parts arriving late etc… If you all are so adament it is a scam and not going to happen, why is there a feeding frenzie going here, move to the next scam you find, and forget about Supernova. It baffles me why this is just going on and on, if you feel it is a scam, why has marc not done kickstarter? Why is he not taking a penny until he can prove the product? That is not a scam as he is asking for nothing. If Marc has a dream and the capacity to make a good go of it, then why not wait until there is something to judge as a scam. Relax guys and please kindly try not to attack me either, I like you have a passion for these boards and am very keen on any products that have potential.

Thanks for your “bla bla bla” explanations but until we see your product, i will consider as a ‘supernova SCAM’, be ready also with Chinese corona delay, will hurt also delivery time …

@SoEFoil, as i said in a post early this morning, i am not technical. You can correct me as i learn from you guys.

Is the EU or french directive for the motor of a electric surfboard not restricted to 4,5kw? Gus, not saying, just asking, I am trawling through this - https://www.europeanboatingindustry.eu/images/News/RCD-Application-Guide-June-2018.pdf

But it is a hell of a long document, and just wanted to see what it would be for EU manufactured regulations.

Just a question, not anything more, but you may know as this is your game and you guys in the EU may know this off the top of your heads

@EXOGLIDE is there any reason to continue like this and i am sure you will also be delayed by the Corona virus as virtually all Chinese companies are not shipping a thing at the moment. But that will not be a cause for a delay, the product is in France, not China. Why the constant bad mouthing me? And please do not refer to it as MY PRODUCT, I have explained what I do. I sell other brands that many dealers also sell, that does not make those, MY PRODUCT. bla bla bla

Very unnecessary after all I am trying to do is give you what facts i know, but you just do not stop

Marc himself has repeatedly said that the main manufacturing is a partner in China. Pretty disturbing that as head of sales you are now saying something else!
On Facebook I see Marc has yet again delayed the release to May now.
On the 6th of Jan Marc released yet again a video of his old board, I suspect you are talking about that same video…

Now lets get on to you. Your company is not registered in the UK, so where are you actually registered and based? Give the forum some proof that you are legitimate…

Certain electrical components are bought from China as I am very sure that you all do exactly the same Jezza

Jezze, firstly I am a distributor for several products, what must I post here, all my certificates and distributor agreements. Jezze, are you from the UK, do you know what a sole proprietor is? What further do you want? Fancy a copy of my passport and Birth Certificate? No matter how hard somebody tries, there is just no pleasing is there Jezze, i am not by any means the only person that actually thinks that this project could be pulled off Jezze but my personal and business credentials have absolutely nothing to do with you. So it seems you have diverted from attacking Supernova to attacking me personally, that’s not good, what are your business and personal credentials jezze or anyone else who would like to exchange with me?

Lets be fair, I can and have said i will update you about Supernovas progress, I took offence initially and made a few shitty reples, I apologised for that and told all on this post that I am not Supernova, I will sell anything that I can get in the industry we are in from sea scooters to eFoils etc, that is what I do.

I keep making it clear that it is a waiting game not only for myself, but for everybody. I am entitled to my opinion just as I would respect yours.

But please, don’t go down the road of attacking somebody who is trying to make a go in the industry by being a sales distributor, and personal attacks now Jezza, that is sad that the world has come to that.

I can do handstands on here, post everything to prove who and what I do and what I sell but does anybody else get those attacks.

You guys carry on, quite honestly we can sit here all day long and squabble but I have not got time for that.

Any of you serious chaps out there with any good products, see what I can do for you - I am looking for products.

If there is a direct message feature here, then feel free to contact me but I will not be back on here for more punishment guys, from attacking Supernova to attacking me personally, that is just one step too far.

I will not be logging in to the forum again, I am not going to get would up by this.

I wish you all the best and hope all your future projects no matter how out there they seem, will make it to the shelf.

And there is not a hint of sarcasm in this post, I am not into attacking peoples projects, if i do not like what I see, I move on, but enough is enough and I draw the line as each and every one of you would if you were personally attacked.

Over time on the forum we have had a few entities that have come along and made claims (everyone remembers WMT and Dynamik etc) that have proved to be false or led people down the wrong path. I asked because I wanted to know how you were trading and whether you were pretending to be in the UK like a lot of Chinese companies do OR whether your business is actually based in the UK, where it states your head office is. Hence why I asked you…
Getting upset or defensive when questioned about this seems strange. You also completely side stepped the question of where your business is actually based…

But alas I see you have run away, so not too much point in continuing the reply…Next time maybe join the forum without taking offence and instead offering proof of concept. That would have substantially changed the outcome.

1 Like

@Aqua_Surf_Craft Your reputation is already ruined by being associated with Supernova.

You repeatedly say you are not Supernova and sell many e-foil products, yet you pick this product as the hill to die on?

Maybe as a distributor you have a few lessons to learn.

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Yes ,It would be very helpful in sorting out products that’s real and a hoax/wishful thinking.

People may have posted their product claims and innovation here without any proof of concept. I think is okay. It aids my imagination to think outside of the box. Good things can come out of ideas.

Although I feel that some product claims announced here are some hoax and fishing expedition , wisdom tells me to listen and observe more than speaking.

God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth.

3 Likes

@Flightjunkie

I think that I am giving it the benefit of the doubt and will stand with Supernova. You cannot assume this until it is proven to be a flop, then I will humbly lick my wounds and make a public apology to all for misjudgement.

But peace to all - If I can learn from you guys that is what I want.

:metal: