Has anyone successfully used the Flipsky FSESC 75200 with the FS65161 motor?

Any idea if the phase filtering parameter is applicable to the Flipsky 75200 FSESC?

Edit: After watching some Flipsky videos on programming the ESC, they recommend turning it off:

Tried a new 75200 water cooled today. Purchased by Banggood some weeks ago. It works super sweet out of the box. Pre installed FW5.2 R2 Hardware.

Maybe this number is some running serial ID?

Anyway, if you order don’t forget to take pics of all labels. BG ask for that in case you open a refund.

2 Likes

The R2 in the FW means that the UART2 is working. I just uploaded new firmware to my 75200 (HGLTech) and now can use a BT module on the uart2 connector. Very nice to program and log data with the mobile vesc tool.

Does the android vesc tool app have the phase filter option?

Yes it does
20charqcter

Coming back to this now that I have my first eFoil build running. FSESC 75200 and FS65161 are working great together after the 4.7 ohm resistor mod. Did the detection with large inrunner settings. FW is 5.2. After the detection I only modified the battery and motor amps to my liking, calibrated PPM remote and started using it. Works absolutely great.

1 Like

How many resistor’s total need replacing? I see some discussion of 4 resistors, but it looks like I have 6 of the 1.6 resistor’s. Replace all 6? Thanks

Yeah, replace all 6. See my post earlier for a diagram. They are 4R7 0603 1% resistors.

For example RT0603FRE074R7L YAGEO | Resistors | DigiKey

2 Likes

Do you know if the FSESC 75200 sold today include these modifications ?

Not sure. I know that my FSESC75200 that i bought in late 2020 had the old resistors. At that point Flipsky knew about the issue, so the fix probably found it’s way to units some time in H1 2021. That’s only my guess so take it with a grain of salt.

Hi osavcic! What do you use for logging please?
I have ESC Flipsky 75200 watercooled and it seems it has no memory, just 5s timeline is visible without any possibility to change it so I am little disapointed…

Hi, supposed you are using nrf24, and vesc on android phone. In that case all log recordings is on your phone. Probably you have to disable battery optimisation on your phone for vesc app…

1 Like

Thank you very much for quick response!! :slight_smile: I don´t have any communication modul (nfr24) neither android vesc yet. I supposed I will connect FSESC 75200 (via USB) to laptop after a ride and see in Vesc Tool logged data (especially current peaks) but this FSESC has no memory probably :frowning: Real time data are visible and working great on laptop out of water… so it seams I will need some BT modul/logger to hang on some bus (CAN or UART). My remote is Maytech 1905 (MTSKR1905WF).
Your recorded logs (on Montenegro efoil WildBuild) are absolutely amazing!

1 Like

Most convenient but not cheapest solution would be a metr pro dongle plus your mobile near it (in the board or on you). If it is just for logging (no fancy app and sharing data online), a chinese bt module connected to the mobile vesc app would be the cheapest. You need to enable logging in the app and carry the phone with you.
BT module: US $21.00 51% Off | Flipsky Wireless Bluetooth Module 2.4G for VESCandVESC Electric Skateboard Based upon the nrf51_vesc project Flipsky
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mONjYnO
(You mitght need to change the connector)

Metr pro:
https://shop.metr.at/products/metr-pro
Or

Unfortunately they are sold out most of the time so you might have to check the shops. Shipping is also prohibitively expensive now from metr.at

2 Likes

Dan, thank you very much for the posibilities and advices! :slight_smile:

Also felix remote is compact solution…

1 Like

Thanks Ognjen for the next possibility! It´s really compact… great job. I still found iLogger here in forum. Very interesting as well.

1 Like

One more option would be the new vesc-express

Another datalogging option would be Derelict Robot Industry (DRI) solution when back on the shelves:

1 Like

Hello, so just to confirm the ESCs are good now or?