Has anyone successfully used the Flipsky FSESC 75200 with the FS65161 motor?

Hello, I am using 13s and I had success in bldc mode… If you find that this can help… here are screenshots

On the first screenshot I had perfect ride except I loose my camera :frowning: .But last time when I was changed to foc mode I had few cutoffs. Also after when change back to bldc it was the same. Since there I didn’t have time to test it. On the other comp I have saved xml backup if you need I can send to you.

Here are my current settings. I will try to play around with the observer gain if it will make the situation better or worse. I am not sure for the yellow values, i read somewhere that flux is kind of high at detection and can be lowered in case something is not as supposed

For the next picture i had originally True for high current sampling mode which I have heard can be turned down. Furthermore, I did change the current controller decoupling to xxx_CROSS. Originally there is BEMF option, since BEFM is not available on this ESC let me try this.

Yes my cfg works well enough that I’ve put about 150 miles on my 14S board. It’s not perfect tho - if you demand more than 3,000 watts it shuts down until you release the trigger. I’m not sure how to convert/post the file but I can email it…

Oh and I also trimmed my propeller down - removed maybe an inch from each blade - used a Bridgeport mill but it was easier than I thought - that cast aluminum is pretty soft

Ok, I have the first success. Got it running by playing with the observer gain. I raised it first to 5.0 which makes everything worse, I could not even start. Then I put it to 2.0 (default was something like 3.5x). And finally no ABS_OVERCURRENT failure aka tracking loss. I tried to be >80% duty cycle (this was were I have had the failures lateley). If I push the throttle hard or getting close to max duty you can hear the motor making a little different noise, so I think I can still optimize some paramters. Maybe lower the observer gain a little bit more, or try to lower the flux a bit. I am not sure about the flux, I just saw in the forum that somebody has detected slightly lower values.

5 Likes

Could you please share your settings?

OK meanwhile, I tried a Lot of settings mentioned in this forum. Closest I came to succes is running in BLDC mode, up to 55% duty cycle before skipping under load. Now I tried running the FOC wizard again for the 7th time (medium inrunner) and after that I think one phase is not working anymore.

Question: What do you use best to change these settings remotely? (I now had to walk back to shore, open electric box, connect laptop, close it, etc.)

The status: Measured motor leads (coming from motor), still seem OK. However one of the motor leads coming from esc has a “short” with the minus battery cable. I assume one of the mosfets has already given up… Now the engine does not even spin anymore without load, but stays skipping between two phase positions. So I contacted banggood for a replacement, since the product just does not work. Depending on their feedback I will open it up to check the resistors.

This is frustrating, buy a same brand motor and controller (also sold together) and not getting it to work.

So I did, bought mine in May this year from Banggood. It was the potted version, so opening it up is difficult. The potting is good though, much better then I expected. Anyway, the resistors are indeed the 1,6 Ohm versions, so it explains the problem I had.

I am still in dispute with Banggood, hopefully they will finally acknowledge that they sent a flawed product and resolve this issue.

Indeed mine burned out eventually, after running FOC identification in Large Inrunner for the 7th time…

Do you have an email I could send to?

Can’t help you with that. Banggood helpcentre is not really helpfull yet, they offer me 1300 points (~$13,-) which is a joke really after 10 days of communication I did open a dispute via PayPal too. The conversation is a bit faster there, but no resolution so far.

Sorry to hear that. I know of two replacement which worked fine (one was mine).

Anyone is familiar with this sound:

Happens on higher erpm when giving some throttle
I could really need some VESC advice. Please pm me in case you want to help a lost Efoil buddy. I tried already tons of setting

Yes, mine does the same “sound” at full throttle, little less throttle and the sound is quiet as must be. And on top of that I cant get more power or more motor current than 30-60A. My setup is A200S ESC v2, Flipsky 65161 - 120kv motor, 12s 42Ah LiIon batt. I tried everithing to get this combo to work but no success till now. I don’t know what’s wrong with this VESC 75/200 and their clones.

Amy chance its a setting in the vesc?

I have tried a lot already, every parameter you can think of. In my case it is not too bad, I can pull 160 motor amps which I need to start. Also I can hit full duty, but I have to keep it gentle. Otherwise I have the Tracking issue and an abs max over current failure may be triggered (set to 210amp)
Still I was looking for a technical discussion with Flipsky support but they were just bullshiting around with some datasheet specs. In the end they recommended to set up the abs Max current to 420amps (I think to avoid overcurrent failure when motor track is lost) which is absolutely ridiculous. I have read somewhere that lowering the resistance values in small step could improve the issue, let me try this.

I am still looking for a link to order the right resistor. Would anybody please share his/her wisdom?

Thanks

Actually setting the abs max current to 420A is the only way I know to get rid of abs overcurrent error…

Thanks for all of this useful info, I have been shopping for an ESC for over 2 months now and push is starting to come to shove. Since the Raiden 7 is still out of stock, I was leaning towards the Flipsky 75200, assuming that if I bought it from them, the preceding problem mentioned may be now solved? Risky move for a $300 though, so still looking at the $500 Trampa? Man, I wish the Raiden 7 was in stock. Would make this expensive purchase a lot easier :frowning: Thanks again for everyone’s time to review these things.

Hello everyone
I am desperately looking for help to operate my vesc 75/200 with 65161 engine, in a small basin I go up to about 30 A but during my last sea test, completely submerged in water it goes up to 4 or 5 and the engine starts hiccups and loss of power

Hi Philippe, i faced similar issues. 30-40 amps at the Maximin in a 120 liter drum full of water with a Flite prop. In air, everything is fine I got 16000 ERPM at 3-4 amp.
Flipsky asked me to send a video on YouTube to help me.They told me that my ESC has the right resistors but I can’t double check as I have the potted version. Will remove the silicone potting early next year.
I have ordered a MakerX to check that the problem is not coming from the 65161 motor.