Help with dual motor tow boogie with Bremote

Dear experts,

I need your help. I’m building a dual motor tow boogie similar to @Jesserosco 's project found at this link: JDubs Dual Motor Tow Boogie
I am using two 6384 120kv motors and a Flipsky 75100 V2 ESC. For the remote, I am using the Bremote long-range with steering options, as found at this link:
LR-BREmote - DIY KIT (electronics only) - openfoil.com.

I need assistance with wiring and programming the Bremote to steer the boogie by adjusting the motor speeds, instead of using a servo and rudder. The Bremote GitHub repository details steering with a servo and rudder, but I want to use differential motor speeds, similar to @Jesserosco setup.

Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Update: I have not finished the remote assembly yet, but I was thinking to follow the wiring below to control two Vescs, basically where servo connects, instead connect it to Vesc 2 PPM

1 Like

What did you use for your props? Building a similar setup. Do you have specific questions for the Bremote setup? Maybe post your best guess at how to wire things up and let folks help correct it?

Thanks. I am using inexpensive Creality brand PETG for now. It was on sale in Amazon for around $15

Yes, just connect like shown in the picture. Then follow the information in this video to do the configuration of the BREmote LINK
And if needed this video for the setup of the VESCs LINK

Also your propellers seem to turn the same direction? Would be better to have one mirrored to cancel out the sidewards forces… Called prop walk in english I think?

2 Likes

Thanks so much @ludwig_bre for the video link, pointing out prop walk, and confirming the wiring. Your magnet switch designs are genius. I might make a few tiny mods to hold a bigger 21700 battery and make the magnet rod square connections larger or rectangular for better reliability. I’m also planning to use paraffin instead of foam to make the remote waterproof. Also thinking instead of vibration motor use beeper, but not sure. I’m still in early stages but will post and share all the mods once done. Again thank you for great remote design and sharing it with us.

1 Like

I am using the original battery. why would you want to put a bigger one ?

Because a bigger battery has a larger capacity, right? For example, in my Bremote I have a battery with a capacity of 5000 a/h, it is usually in storage mode, charged at 60% and I know that I can always go for a ride and the charge will be enough for several sessions.

For me, the original battary is more then enough.

So that’s great. But you’re not going to deny the fact that people may have other needs?

1 Like

I think the original battery which comes with the kit is 18600 so it might be harder to fit a 21700 battery.

There is a case option from Toto44, which is relatively easy to install a larger capacity battery.

1 Like

Just for information, the current consumption of the BREmote is about 20mA

The default battery is 500mAh, with an 18650 around 3Ah maybe and 21700 5Ah.

So even at 50% storage, you get following runtime:

Default: 12h
18650: 150h
21700: 250h

Not sure how long y’all go foiling :smiley: But of course everyone can use the battery he wants.

2 Likes

@ludwig_bre I was planning to cross the Atlantic with it : D Just kidding! I have many 21700 batteries laying around, so I thought I’d use a bigger battery. However, 10 hours of usage with default battery is more than enough. I’m currently assembling the kit and will likely have more questions later.
Thank you again for the great design and fast shipping. I still have long ways to go, but here is where I am so far:

2 Likes

@rttn Thank you, right now I am just building the bremote with default battery, but I will check out Totos links for future customization. Thanks for sharing the link !!!