HGLTECH efoil motor 65162

Wow wow wow!

This is a DIY community! You want people to treat you with respect? Do something!
Take your motor and your prop. Connect them to a VESC controller put them in the water and make a video! Then you get a reputation and not by writing angry posts!

1 Like

I Like this offer:
https://www.gd-hgl.com/products/2-4ghz-remote-wh4-for-diy-electric-efoil
Sounds really good :joy:
70 bucks. What possible could go wrong?

4 Likes

Firstly I am not a manufacturer, reseller or anything of the like. I am merely a DIY efoil builder/user with a solid backing in engineering.

Secondly Maytech have the identical shaft on their motors: In Stock Maytech Fully Waterproof Efoil Motor MTI65162 120 Brushless I – Maytech.cn--Maytech official website, so my guess is the factory did all the work to actually match it to the prop.
If you did double the tests, show your own results, not just the results from the factory!
The prop is actually shit and you should do better research and design a better suited prop specific to purpose.

Creating a good reputation or ruining a reputation is up to you. Be transparent, have good pricing and customer services and then you will in turn have loads of customers.

2 Likes

@HGL-Tech in fact, your previous motor model did allow us to adapt our own propeller. Hopefully it won’t be too difficult to call it back :wink: If you can’t, your motor sales will be proportional to your annealed prop efficiency = (rather) low.
Flip HGL-Tech shaft detail 12mm-M8

200427 Guldsteen FR prop

2 Likes

I will discuss the idea with my colleagues in next meeting. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

I apologize for my agressiveness, i had a very bad day when i reply you. However, it also means that I, as a person, don’t talk like an robot here in this community. I hope we could have a more friendly coversation.

I apologize for my bad mood. Sorry

1 Like

Thanks for your support to our company, we will fillout your order as soon as possible.

@Felixfoiler Oh, so you hate him simply because he doesn’t speak in a way that you like. What are you? A dictator? A narrcissism for sure. Can I ask you to leave as well, because i also don’t like the way you speak to people.

5 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know you.

It looks like a battle ground here :thinking:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It wasn’t meant to be a battle ground. I just wanted HGL to be open and honest about who designs what etc. Not sure why Felix felt the need to give them grief…

Resellers are welcome here. If they are not welcome, there is no accountability and no competition resulting a lack of respect for clients. By having them here its also good for them to understand their market, get feedback and improve their offerings which hugely helps the DIY builder.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realise you dictated what happened on this forum. Sorry, you must be one of the original members that was involved in the initial concepts and start of this forum? Or am I wrong?

You may also want to refer to the title of the section this was posted in. I would think that a section titled “Commercial Ads/Vendors” is exactly where a commercial vendor would post their ads…

Ok understood. I will keep myself out of this conversation from now on.

Yes I havent seen that section bevor.

I also want to address one thing though, even I said I would keep me out of this conversation from now on.

Hglrc isn’t a bad company and they (probably) made an new design for the motor. I need to appreciate that and I know what it means to develop something and bringin it to the market.

However how they treated me in my damaged motor case wasent right at all. I’m still angry about it how they took advantage of me being young and inexperienced. (I mean nobody here is 17 and builds an efoil.) They often tried to blame me that I damaged the motor and tried to pay as little as possible. Alibaba (who isnt even responsible for this case) payed an extra 100$ ontop their refund (which were ridiculous 200$)

Anyways I didn’t want to take anyone’s opinion at all! And it also was never my goal to destroy hglrcs reputation. It was simply not right how they treated me! That’s all I wanted to say and I love this community and everyone in this forum.

Br
Felix

2 Likes

Well said @Felixfoiler ! For a young student you are doing very well on many levels!

2 Likes

What type of guaranty do you offer regarding your waterproof IP67 rated remote ?
Could you clarify this particular point: is it splash proof or waterproof, salt water compliant ? Could you split one remote apart for us please so that we can check the potting quality ?
As your advert is clearly showing a guy efoiling in the sea, please be clear: can we submerge this remote repeatedly for less than 2 seconds under 1m of salt water during an efoil session ?
We’ve faced disappointment after disappointment regarding the so called waterproof remote of your competitor Maytech …

200810 WH4 remote

Nice joke :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::joy:
I can get this crappy remote on AliExpress for 20Bucks.
And no, without mods these remotes are for sure not waterproof.

2 Likes

The remote works well under the normal temperture and pressure, so it has no problem with fall into water during an efoil session. However, it won’t work if you intend to test how waterproof it is by exceeding its limit. I suggest you put the wrist strap on when you use it, and it should be fine.