Introduction and build plans

Yea, and easier to remove than potting it in solids i guess?!

Thats also something i dont fully get yet about the fixing to the board. At what point do you add the inserts in and which ones are recommended? Same question about the top of the deck, since I might wanna add some handles there.

There are likely some build threads buried somewhere on the forum showing those details if you spend enough time digging.

Specifically for a fliteboard there is recent thread with a link to a YouTube video that sort of shows how a damaged mast box just pops right out.

This won’t directly applicable to your own board, but at least gives you an idea of what Flite does

1 Like

Thanks i will try and learn from it. For accuracy reasons, its probably a good idea to mill a wooden frame for the screw locations and embed it in the board.

Also: What Wh/Km range is usual for cruise/carve sessions on efoil? I’d love to see some avg real-life numbers along with rider weight + avg speed and ride condition (calm water, high wind, waves etc)

Depends on your setup, wing, average speed, number of tackoffs etc. 60Wh/km is a good value if you go slowly (25km/h average), 80Wh/km is still ok. Above is either inefficient, lots of swell or a beginner that spends a lot of time during takeoffs. If you run faster than 30km/h average, consumption rises significantly, as resistance of water increses squre to speed.
My values came down over time, they were
Higher in the beginning for several reasons like: lots of takeoffs, big slow wing, too big backwing with too big downwards angle producing lots of drag. Duct that produced a lot of drag.
Below a metr log with a North Sonar HA950, DIYS 220cm2 stab, FR Motor with 7” 2 blade FR Prop, no duct:

https://metr.at/r/iaKwz

2 Likes

Sorry forgot the weight and conditions:
Rider weigh: 75kg (without wetsuit, west etc.)
Conditions: small choppy swell 30cm, moderate wind <10knts

1 Like

Thanks for the logfile, lots of useful info. DC and motor amps way lower than i would expect!! What battery pack do you use?

Molicel P42A 14S11P.

1 Like