Is it a good ESC? - High Current FSESC 200A 60V base on VESC6 -

Maybe Foc allow to built more amp and torque on start ( erpm) that trigger fault , motor pulls 160A at under 1000 erpm that is crazy !

Just tried following settings:
FOC Mode
130A motor max current
Duty Cycle Control
1,0s positive ramping time
-30% throttle curve Expo
0% stator saturation comp 0% (was set to 15%)

Works flawlessly now in FOC mode. Big thanks @Alexandre!!

2 Likes

Hi!

Evaluating may tech 200A “Vesc” now. Using 12s and a sss56104 with 5:1 gb.

My feed back so far:

Less rpm at full throttle compared to seaking 130A and yep 120A. The VESC uses a pure sine wave compared the the trapezoid wave. I found that this results will in a slightly lower voltage which will impact max rpm.

The cons with sine wave is less noise and less heat in motor.

Motor wizard is easy to use, it’s bout wizard too.

A lot of parameters to tune the f one wants to.

Important to not have receiver to close to esc because of interference.

Maytech generates heat in mos fets quicker than I would expect, could be config as well.

I use passive cooling, no pump but I think I must increase diameter of pipe to get more water flowing.

Maytech vesc seems to be harder to cool down , increase maybe loops before diameter ?

Nice ! That was just some ideas , I did a lot testing last year with settings on my geared and FR motor

And this abs fault was one of the reason I took the 75/300 , not to worry about this limit …

Still I have some questions about samples V0 V7 and switching frequency …

I did a test, flipped the esc up side down so the heat would go directly to the alu heat sink were the water pipe is soldered. Same output basically, hitting approx 80 deg C after 7 minutes of riding, average motor amp 60-70A.

I sent a question to maytech regarding the temp sensor, when the esc reports 60 degC the alu heat sink is not even luke warm.

Will update when I get an answer.

Based on the testing I’ve done and the output of them I would not recommend the esc for now. The seaking 130A outperforms it in all areas.

1 Like

Had same problem. Solution here VESC Startup settings for SSS 56114 350kV 360kV Motor. Need Help! - #7 by HamburgHarbourFoiler - Electronics (ESC, remote, batteries) - FOIL.zone

Thanks for the input. Actually i had seen your post and tried The stator sat. Comp. Set to 10% and 15%. What worked for me was to set it to 0%, combined with the other settings I Stated above.

R.I.P Maytech MTSESC6.6 200A

Kaboom!

image image image

So sry for your loss! There is a user Selling a flipsky 200A FSESC in EU:

1 Like

I got a yep 120 that I will punish for now.

Yep holded many 80 90 amp bursts on 4S for a few sec in the air for many hours :blush: Check soldering on wires :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I used the yep 120A marine on my first build. 12S approx 130A peak.

Does this esc have an anti spark circuit? Or BEC integrated for the receiver?
The specific product documentation lacks a bit from flipsky… the single page diagram in the only thing that is available.

A BEC is integrated but I think there is no antispark circuit.

Since late May, Maytech offers a new 200A VESC with new casing with antispark circuit but it is not a waterproof/boat version. A VESC waterproof version with AS would be a killer.

I have ordered 2 for my next version jet (not foil) board. In my 1st version I am using a circuit breaker (2) to arm/disarm the setup. I’ve never needed an antispark circuit.

This is the breaker I’m using. Maybe it’s an option for you too?

https://www.amazon.com/Ninjatoner-Circuit-Breaker-Waterproof-Inverter/dp/B07YFNXCZD

when you using a 12S Akku Konfiguration 42V will be to less…

Said differently, 42V / 4.2V max per cell = 10 cells max in series = 10s.
Then 12s might be ok but at your own risk.

Forgot about this. I’m only using 6S