Is it a good ESC? - High Current FSESC 200A 60V base on VESC6 -

I have a starting problem with my fsesc 200A and the sss56104 500Kv that is connected. Sometimes, say 2 out of 10 times, it does not start the first time. Amps go up and a ‘sqeeeking’ sound is comming from the motor. When you let go the thottle and try again you have a good chance it starts up normally.
I’m wondering if my motor is still in good condition, can somebody share their detected FOC motor specs? this should give an indication…

Mine are:
Motor currenct 120A
Motor R 8.5 mOhm
Motor L 3.94 uH
Motor flux 3.31 mWb

Another post about the same problem somewhere here no long ago
Problem I think is that it pulls to much amp at low duty on start
Saturation stator at 0 (?)
Smooth flat throttle first 10%
Ramping positive at 1s…

Your motor resistance is pretty low ? I remember more around 20-30 may be that the problem , some wires out less torque …

I’ve seen that post indeed, tried the saturation at 0 an 10%. Ramp up is very slow, at 1.2 sec.

I have this behaviour in PPM duty cycle mode. In current mode it seems not to exist, But I don’t like the throttle behaviour at no load in current control. In water it might be allright to run current control?

Edit:
motor resistance seems conform motor specs:
Idle current: 2A
Resistance: 0.0095
Maximum speed: 45K
Magnetic pole: 6 Poles

My 56104 450kv on geared setup but with long 10awg wires

Don’t knock about current control ( didn’t test very much) but on hard start motor hits 120A easily and get stuck at this amp enable to get more rpm ( noise)

Ok thanks. The resistance might be a bit low in my case, it is also connected with long wires. A meter of 8AWG wire should add another 2-2.5mOhm to the motor resistance.

Have you tried to swap some of the motor phases and done a new motor detection?

I also had that problem on a run, but get rid of it after I switched two motor phase cables. And run the wizard again.
Maybe worth a trial anyway

Or mine high I assumed 20mohm was a good value , 21 for FR motor , but it didn’t look father

Someone has another numbers ?

Thanks for you input. I’ve run the wizard twice with different phase wires, still the number are more or less the same.
I’ve manually set the resistance of the motor higher in the FOC specs, the starting behaviour seems to be gone with a R-value of >11mOhm… think I will keep it there for now.

@JvdZ What is your max battery, max motor and absolute max current?

120, 140, 170A in the same order.

Maybe set battery to 100, motor to 130 and absolut to 180, and ppm positive ramp to 0,9-1,0. + stator saturation 0%. That help me with exactly the same problem. Do you get the abs_over_current fault?

What is your motor resistance ?

Is it possible to test this ESC without load? - motor shipping delayed for 3+ weeks.
Just smoke test (working/not working) and maybe some bluetooth/remote connection and settings

I ordered an F65161 from banggood and they just canceled my order for lack of inventory. But then I ordered from flipsky direct, and it’s coming next week.

I have this VESC as well, but trying to figure out the dual battery connector situation. Was hoping that it would work in series (I happen to have two 6.5Ah 6S cells) but looks like its in parallel? So I guess I’d need to use the supplied unsplitter, and then split that with something like this? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt90-battery-harness-10awg-for-2-packs-in-series.html

Hi, just got one of these ESC - can someone explain how I can use the two battery connectors. Do I always need to use the 2to1 cable to connect my battery pack, or if I have two lipos can I plug 1 battery into each connector and thereby get a parallel connection? Or am I better off parallel connecting the two packs before and plugging the pack in using teh 2to1 cable? Just not sure why it has two battery connectors?

They use two connectors so they don’t need as big of high current copper traces on the board. You’ll need to connect them to together with a parallel 2 to 1 cable.

Great, thanks for the explanation!

Hello, please its safe to use

Flipsky High Current FSESC 200A 60V ESC base on VESC6

without water cooling? For 12s battery and 100a current?

Better go safe with water or passive cooling. Not worth ruining your ESC