i am not used to talk the english language so often, so please excuse some mistakes !
i build an e-Foil similar to “Pasificmeister” and i had some testdrives. But i had some íssues to stay on the board.
as soon as i am on the foil it´s like to balance on 1 metre stick. My son and i tried it several times and we have a board feeling a little ( wakeboard, snowboard, kiteboarding). Front to back is okay , but sideways its horrible.
I think the wing is too small (wingspan). The E-Foil is about 20-25 kg and with me its more then 100 kg.
the speed looks not so bad, or ?
What do you think ?
Same problem when i started , i was trying to do the same as wakebording , but no , try to offset your feet in order to be sideway, rear foot on the front wing , on the video it looks like you are far back and the angle of the board is too high
Small wing makes it harder not impossible , 1200cm2 is confortable to learn
Before changing the wing , try to put your right foot more in front and a little on the right
And don’t forget , in the air you are riding the wing not the board
maybe the front wing is to small - did you also try with a bigger one?
Is it possible that your test was at Starnberger See? And you are from Munich?
I’m in the south of Munich and also in testing phase
nice looking setup!
What is the LWH of your board?
Looks like you need a bit more speed before you carefully shift your weight back to lift off. Don’t accelerate on lift off, just lift by slightly shifting weight. If you need to shift weight back too much you are not going fast enough. To start try little lift offs first and then touch back down. Your wing should work fine. Keep trying. Good luck and Servus Heimat!
By the way , i Love to See me Falling from the board .
This was the worest Crash. But i tried to ride the board … May by that is the first issue.
Okay , i think i try again but will have a look for a bigger wing. Has some one a wing for me ???
Yes i am from Munich , but the Test was at the Chiemsee. I am real interested in seeing your board.
P.s. Thx all for the answers
Hi everybody !
i know its long time since i opend this topic. But we moved in between to a new home and therefore there was no time for foiling. After i did my first ride with the Kite and a foil we got better in riding
We had a lot of issues and the mistake was always between my ears
My setup was 8S (Lipo) and i decided to use 10S, but my dropdown-regulator was not able to do that. BANG and the testdrive ended already when i conected the plugs.
I reworked all and after soldering i was impatient and didi not isolate… BANG and the 5V regulator was gone…
We did a testdrive and then we lost the Prop with the shaft… After 1 hour of searching we managed to get it back. Thank god i am good in snorkeling
But i have glued everything so i was not able to deassemble the aluminium-pipe and so i had to cut it…
my rmote was not nearly watertight, so i began to seal all with epoxy. I filled all with epoxy
By the way my capacity-display of my remote was not adjusted and i began to program the remote again and after some adjustments… the remote died
When i read all your stories it seams only i am so stupied.
But i had some sucess to… my Hatch is tight and we had some nice rides with a huge GONG-Wing. An at the end it was running fine.
So this all was for beginning and now its time for the next generation borad
I have to say that all of you helped me alot, because you give so much input here in the forum and so it is much easier to do the next steps with less issues .
THANK YOU ALL !!!
You‘re not alone, people just tend to not post failures…
I think it is good to post failures as well as others can learn from it and prevent doing the same mistakes. I killed 3 ESC‘s 2, with a leaking ESC box and a Vesc died on the bench in FOC mode.
I also had a shear pin that broke and I didnt notice, the prop got cold fused to the shaft. Because my duct was screwed to the pod behind the prop, I had to destroy the carbon reinforced duct to remove the prop. That was my plan but I had to pull the hole shaft out of the pod and destroyed some printed parts. As I could not get my nice first gen alu FR prop from the shaft, I also had to destroy the shaft. I saved the prop but the pod neds several parts to he redone. All because of a crappy brass shear pin.