Jenz's Tow Boogie build from Sweden

In my case, there were problems with the signal at all distances. After installing on the cover, I get about 12-15 meters. Maytech remote and receiver.

In the video, you are riding in a straight line. Tell me, when you turn in the direction of rotation of the prop, does the board tilt? You have a pretty fast wing, which Armstrong model is that?

As long as the battery is placed so it counters the torque from the propeller it’s fine. The wing is a MA1225 with a surf 205 stabilizer.

1 Like

I just came back from the water and without pumping I need 2000-2500 watts to get up. Pumping hard I was able to get up on foil with just 1000 watts. This is with the Armstrong MA1225 front foil and surf 205 tail.

I’m suddenly building a tow boogie, looks like a lot of fun!

Could i ask for a napkin sketch of the length/ width vs locations of battery center of mass, motor location, fins location and cord attachment point?

I know it’s a bit like cheating but it would help a lot to get it done (almost) right the first time👍

(Winter is coming so i need to get close with initial attempt on the boogie to ride before it freezes over :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

Nice build I can see I’m not the only one finding battery connector supplies at Biltema :grin:! Which part of Sweden are you from?

1 Like

This is where I mounted my motor and battery box. Works fine on flat water but when running in following larger waves it has a tendency to submerge the nose of the board into the waves. You could probably mitigate this by slapping some foam on to the front of the board.

1 Like

I actually ordered my connectors from conrad but next time I’ll take a look at biltema before ordering anything. :slight_smile: I live in Stockholm but do a lot of foiling 30 minutes west of Örebro where we got our summer house.

Is the weight in the centre of the board in sideways direction or did you try to counter the propeller torque by shifting it?

Reason i ask is that i have a 15cm thick plug ready and i’ll countersink my box into the board so any cuts i do will be more or less permanent.

It’s slightly titled to counter the torque. This is what it looks like floating in the water. I think it sits about a centimeter deeper on the left side.

4 Likes

Are the strap mounts printed? Can you share the step?

Here are the stl files for the mounts. I use these rubber bands and simply cut them in two. One end of the strap will have nice holes for the mounts and in the other you use a soldering iron to make an extra hole. I think I used M5 machine bolts. They screw into brass inserts that I melt into the 3D printed part with a soldering iron. I printed mine in PETG with lots of bottom layers, thick sidewalls and hardly any infill since I’m scared of loosing my battery box. :slight_smile:

2 Likes