Let´s build together a better Motorposition

ok it’s clear, maybe the first drawing could work, but will change the overall stability of gong setup as the stab is much closer to the front wing than the usual setup

Second drawing is more like flite , but not sure wether the orange 3D part will be strong enough to hold the green fuselage and the red stab or not.

Yes, these are the questions. And I believe that the water turbulence from the propeller directly above the wing can´t be good.
Version 2 is more like the Audi Efoil and this works great.

In the last time I often use PSA. It´s strong, and comes smooth and clear out. But the printing need´s a lot of time and isn´t easy.
What I prefer when it must be very strong is printing with 50% infill and after printing I open the form and fill it with epoxy. That´s really strengh.

Anyone tried putting motor inside the board and putting shaft inside mast with right angle gears on the bottom?

I could recommend to add cfk schnippsel for that filling task

1 Like

Anyone else tried foiling without a stab?
Could be a real improvement in terms of efficiency.
Maybe the CG of the board or the angle of attack of the front wing only needs to be adjusted a little bit.
I wonder how the overall handling and maneuverability would change

The handling and maneuverability is much better in my opinion.

Who have time and desire for an experiment, can leave out the Strut and tell us about it. :rofl:

Today I finished my first 3D Mastclamp print. It work´s very well. Now I am looking to buy an Flipsky 65161 to build the Mast - Motor Part. At the moment the Flipsky 65161 is incredible expensive (436,00 €). In 2021 I payed 300,00 €. So I will waiting about a better price.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Whoa !
I have been wanting to do exactly that for a while !
Only issue is i ride a 6384 motor. I will look to see how difficult it is to adapt

Did you have to cut the fuselage ?

edit : okay, from the triangular imprint, i guess it is from the newer pro fuselage

Anyone considered something like this?

I think it is doable and less drag.

1 Like

I have been thinking about it.
It would allow a bigger or wider motor.
Gyroscopic issues could arise though. I am also concerned about losses in the right angle coupling part.
Also if it is as wide as a motor, the drag will be the same

Hey Community,
last week I had the new Flipsky 65161 into my pos. postbox. So I spend time in my workshop to finished my Mast. Here comes the workflow.

The parts

Step 1

Step 2: I soldering cables together, it allows my to bring the cables step by step into the Mast. Not easy but with WB40 Oil it slips very well.

Really important is to put the four screws in the clamp first! Especially the two on the downside.

The Result:

1. More Driving Range
  2. The Distance between Wing and Stab is nearly the same

Now I must waiting that the temperature goes up for testing.

8 Likes

Hi!
:+1:

what esc are you using?

It will be interesting to see how the prop affects the stability…

Trampa 75V/300 is great, but an expensive one. An Original VESC from Benjamin Vedder, with ESC I had to much problems. Maybe now exist ESC with a better Quality. The ESC cost the half price.

Level efoils from Israël: https://www.levelfoils.com/ stabilised efoil, where the remote control has been replaced by an EMU. The self balancing can be turned off via the Level app.

Hi, Yesterday I try the Orkaboard with the new Mastclamp. The Water was extreamly cold, so I was ride the Board only 20 Miniutes. It works and feels real good but I need more Rides to give better answers. Realy important in Step One was that it works and it is stable.

Hello mueritz
Do you have more rides on this original motor positions ? Any thoughts ?
Also one non mentionned plus, the mast is stronger because whole