Let´s build together a better Motorposition

Anyone else tried foiling without a stab?
Could be a real improvement in terms of efficiency.
Maybe the CG of the board or the angle of attack of the front wing only needs to be adjusted a little bit.
I wonder how the overall handling and maneuverability would change

The handling and maneuverability is much better in my opinion.

Who have time and desire for an experiment, can leave out the Strut and tell us about it. :rofl:

Today I finished my first 3D Mastclamp print. It work´s very well. Now I am looking to buy an Flipsky 65161 to build the Mast - Motor Part. At the moment the Flipsky 65161 is incredible expensive (436,00 €). In 2021 I payed 300,00 €. So I will waiting about a better price.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Whoa !
I have been wanting to do exactly that for a while !
Only issue is i ride a 6384 motor. I will look to see how difficult it is to adapt

Did you have to cut the fuselage ?

edit : okay, from the triangular imprint, i guess it is from the newer pro fuselage

Anyone considered something like this?

I think it is doable and less drag.

1 Like

I have been thinking about it.
It would allow a bigger or wider motor.
Gyroscopic issues could arise though. I am also concerned about losses in the right angle coupling part.
Also if it is as wide as a motor, the drag will be the same

Hey Community,
last week I had the new Flipsky 65161 into my pos. postbox. So I spend time in my workshop to finished my Mast. Here comes the workflow.

The parts

Step 1

Step 2: I soldering cables together, it allows my to bring the cables step by step into the Mast. Not easy but with WB40 Oil it slips very well.

Really important is to put the four screws in the clamp first! Especially the two on the downside.

The Result:

1. More Driving Range
  2. The Distance between Wing and Stab is nearly the same

Now I must waiting that the temperature goes up for testing.

8 Likes

Hi!
:+1:

what esc are you using?

It will be interesting to see how the prop affects the stability…

Trampa 75V/300 is great, but an expensive one. An Original VESC from Benjamin Vedder, with ESC I had to much problems. Maybe now exist ESC with a better Quality. The ESC cost the half price.

Level efoils from Israël: https://www.levelfoils.com/ stabilised efoil, where the remote control has been replaced by an EMU. The self balancing can be turned off via the Level app.

Hi, Yesterday I try the Orkaboard with the new Mastclamp. The Water was extreamly cold, so I was ride the Board only 20 Miniutes. It works and feels real good but I need more Rides to give better answers. Realy important in Step One was that it works and it is stable.

Hello mueritz
Do you have more rides on this original motor positions ? Any thoughts ?
Also one non mentionned plus, the mast is stronger because whole

SO, sorry for reviving this old thread, but I decided to give this a go. it really itched !
I have to say I really like the extended range, not once did my motor got out of the water.

from an extreme to an other, I previously mounted the motor in the middle of the mast, not the same zen/ carefree experience.

but I am troubled, because in that "E-flite"configuration, the foil get really pitchy. I have a LOT of front foot pressure, and with the smallest acceleration, the whole system goes up like a wild bronco. it felt more neutral when the motor was mast-mounted ( on a standard low position)

• hypothesis n°1 : the stab angle is too “strong”. I tried without the stab entirely. in the end it’s doable, but still some unusual front foot pressure.

• hypothesis n°2 : that’s life, and more lenght means more leverage, and more FF pressure.

maybe I could print a stick to give the stab less angle.

what do you guys think ?

cheers, and thanks Mueritz-Efoiler for the files

2 Likes

My first board had a 95cm mast and it was a little more jumpy as now with 85cm.

I think you should just stand forward with both legs so you distribute pressure equally between legs.

Yes you are right, i place my body forward and adjust stance accordingly.
But what I meant is that any increase of RPM makes the board jumps up.too much. And vice versa. Which I find annoying. Previous setup felt more balanced. You could acccelerate or decelerate without moving THAT much on the board.
For instance, that afternoon, if I needed to accelerate because my speed was very low after a wave, I also needed to crosswalk across the board to do a hang five on the nose. And it’s a 5’8.

Hey guys
I made a wedge to decrease the Aoa on the rear stabilizer. I found the whole system much more pleasant to use. I think the stab is almost horizontal now.
but since the simple action on the motor give a strong pitch up action, do you think a inversed profile is necessary on the rear wing ?
maybe a positive profile on the rear wing would counter-act the pitch up action of the motor ? :face_with_monocle:
next time I will reverse the whole stab to see how it goes.

PS : Can anyone point me to a simple 3D profile of a rear wing? I would like to try to mount the stab around the motor, which would greatly reduce the drag of the whole system.