Lift f antenna broken off [solved]

Welp, I was wrong the thief did do some damage. They opened both eboxes on my boards and they disconnected the antenna on the carbon fiber but on the f the antenna doesnt come off very easy and sadly it apppears they just ripped it off. I am still able to connect to the board but I dont know how well it will work in water or with beginners who sink the board.

Any idea how i can reconnect an antenna and here to get one

That’s looks to be a U.FL connector. Its should be easy enough to reconnect. Align the connector and push down vertically.

1 Like

Ohhh Thankyou!! I was thinking the part with all the threads was there and got ripped off

Since you have the “picture” in front of you, any idea why these precise pieces where damaged ?

It turns out its supposed to look like that. The u.fl connector is like a button that snaps on then on the other end is the antenna connector with the threads we all know from everyday devices.

Are you asking why they did this?
100% looking for trackers. A little over a month ago I was in horror to find our lake storage was broken into and only the efoils were taken. Thankfully I had one board at home but they took two boards with two batteries and three masts and four remotes and best of all one wing and no chargers. At the time all my surf foils had the wings so only one wing was on the efoils and they didnt bother to take them from the surf foils.

Anyway i posted a CL ad for a charger and a week ago I got a text and made up a reason why I need the SN of the battery and it turns out it was my stuff and two days later I got everything back. These guys for sure steal things all the time. I actually didn’t have trackers which i was panning to do. It’s so frustrating they would take apart and disconnect anything that sent a radio signal while also losing every screw and part they took out.

While you’re here. Any idea how to reapply the SN on the boards? I have to say they did a very carefull job not to make the board look bad around that area, wish they took that much care transporting them and scratching and chipping them.

I’m sorry for your misfortune. Efoils pack a lot of money in a small volume, so attract scoundrels.

Have the thieves been caught or did you pay to get the stolen gear back…

What do you mean by ‘SN’ ? If Serial Number, I don’t know anything durable way but your story should encourage commercial efoil owners to take pictures of important details to anticipate a possible recognition of equipment after theft.

Have the thieves been caught or did you pay to get the stolen gear back…

Very long story the guy who msged me for my CL ad didn’t do it. His neighbor’s friend tried to sell a board to him and his neighbor.

long story short the Sheriff got ahold of the guy and he explained everything and was embarrassed to have not have suspected it stolen, he was told to tell the seller to bring everything to a local walmart at 8pm or else they will be arrested.

At 8pm the guy from CL and his neighbor showed up with all my stuff. When opening the efoils and just inspecting everything so I knew it was all there there were tools in one of the boards which had it’s ebox lid open and the neighbor goes “oh those are my tools, I was cleaning” I was in a hurry so I didn’t pay attention what tools they were but unless he was taking off the mast the neighbor is super suspicious. No one is getting in trouble for the efoils however the Sheriff is going to investigate them because it’s super obvious they steal other things.

My theory is since there were two sets of foot prints perhaps the neighbor and his friend went together and stole them. The neighbor kept a board and then his friend’s payment was the price of selling the other one which was a whopping $1500!!!

What do you mean by ‘SN’ ? If Serial Number, I don’t know anything durable way but your story should encourage commercial efoil owners to take pictures of important details to anticipate a possible recognition of equipment after theft.

yes they scratched the numbers off the boards but not the batteries which is how they got caught lol.

If you have your eFoil title the SN will be on there. For me I actually didn’t have the serial number for the battery which they asked about. It was my first efoil which I got from CL. It was a lift 2 and so when I sold it a few months later to get the 3’s I just gave the buyer a brand new battery and kept the 2. So I didn’t have any history of what the SN could be. So I found a picture of the board I sold and asked lift what SN battery I came with and they solved the missing efoil case.

I actually kinda laugh because those two guys don’t know that they wouldn’t have been riding. The batteries wouldn’t have made it through the winter without recharges, they took the valve off one of the batteries so if any water gets in it’s done. They wouldn’t be applying reelx. And wait until they see the price of a new wing is the price they paid for the rest of the board.

But at least they will know not to unplug the battery while the efoil is still on because they have my instructional label :joy:

I’m just glad they didn’t break anything or spray paint the boards.

The worst part is I bought air tags in like April. But I couldn’t decide the best place to put them so I never got around to installing them. And well I paid the price. I didn’t want to put them in the ebox because that is a little risky, I thought about behind the ebox but I found an even better spot. it’s easy for a thief to find it if they know to look for tags but at the same time it doesn’t immediately seem like a place that could hold airtags.

The solution: bring it back home like a power tool !
'New Foil Assist: here is the "TakeOff" from Manta Foils