It’s been a while i read your posts and this forum is a huge source of inspiration and experience.
Finally I’m free from my first Hisun efoil, sold few months ago. I’m ready to build my own one, hoping I’ll achieve it during this winter to release it for next Spring.
My objective is surfing and at least sea cruising. For my first build experience and before start sourcing and buying parts I would like your actual opinions. Here is my target recipe:
- Board: I already have a brand new naked Hisun board. Full carbon and already waterproof. Pretty heavy again but dimensions are not that bad (5"4). I will share some pictures and details later. That’s a lazy option but price is quite good for what it is.
- Motor/mast: FR’s one (actually David has 3/4 weeks delay). Again that’s a lazy and pricey option but it looks worthy.
- Foil: Gong Curve range
- ESC: Flier Boat 400A in the red waterproof version. Do you think that’s still a good choice? Does the waterproof version worth it, does the program box is required??
- Remote: I will modify the Maytech but I still do not understand real differences between MTSKR1905WF V2 and MTSKR2005WF V2? Are the firmware different?
- Battery: diy 14s14p one following existing threads. I have to choose if I want to use a BMS monitored one or skip it like @Flightjunkie does.
Any thoughts? Thanks for your boost.