Matt's 1st build, France

That’s really shallow. If it’s ABS it will be quite tricky to make it deeper with anything other than ABS.
Maybe ask them what material was used so that you can really do it well.

Looks like a difficult challenge for a 14s14p with vertical cells taking into account your 5.5cm box depth. However, you could use four packs of 3 horizontal cell layers…
With five 18mm diam disks in a rectangular pattern, my maths tell me that under 55mm, if your cells lie horizontally, you can store 4 blocks of 14s3p having a thickness of 49.2mm = 14s12p
The battery min width would be 4 x 68mm long so roughly 272mm. To minimise heat therefore your battery current you could accept 15s12p (63V max).
Not optimal for cell cooling but the best solution to minimise board rework.
What did make you order a last generation Hisun board ? Any picts ? A price ?

Another solution :
5.5cm , see my post « slow built from France » you can fit 3 cells and z configuration deep ( 6s pack folded in the middle )
So not cutting ( which could compromised the board structure )
Deep wise it fits , Check wide and length … harder to built , may be easier than cutting
6s 12p fits nicely in maxxgrip3 case

I’ve ordered it to upgrade my previous Hisun efoil but pandemic delayed shipment to 6 months. Then i keep it for my 2021 efoil. Hisun’s charged me 880$ EXW. It comes with magnet switch, 36 or 48V battery level screen, handles and boardbag.

1 Like

Got answer from manufacturer => that’s carbon fiber !! so i keep working on a dual 7s14p as I’m looking for a reliable build. I like the idea of external BMS then I can’t exceed 8s. Moreover, FlyingRodeo strongly recommended the 14s14p to run their beast :wink:

You could get a 14S12P battery into that hatch without any mods. That’s what I would do…

Guess who’s in da house??

4 Likes

It all depends on who you let through the front door. Hahaha

But nice choice in motor. You won’t regret that!
Which wing you going to use?

I start with Curve L and i may try XL-T too.

1 Like

Which engine is it? You wash buy already assemble like this?

Yes, this is the @Flying_Rodeo one (same as Lift) that can buy with several mast options.

where we can order it I can’t find

I’ve tried by email several times but the best way is through his Facebook page.

Better you put your Trampa VESC into a waterproof Aluminium housing.
A lot of people’s have problems with little bit water.

See my link, I do it like that:

The housing you get from: https://www.mouser.at/ProductDetail/Bud-Industries/AN-2855-A?qs=9qK3lZr%252Bi0Ipyr6kWnCUqA%3D%3D

I’d like too but i have a 6cm max height constraint and that’s hard to find a great aluminium box to fit my VESC.

The best method would be to remove the existing heatsink and case completely and design a proper waterproof heatsink for the VESC (I’ve done this with the A200S VESC). That way you minimise the size and have all the cable exits properly waterproofed.
Easier for me to say as I have a CNC handy I guess…

Hi Matt do you have any updates on your build. Im very interested in your opinion of the Gong Curve L. Did you end up using it?

I had to slow my build progress due to a new house project.
I still have the Curve L as a plan but I think that new XLT could also do a great job.