Maytech remote required modifications before use

Earlier in this thread Sliman_O suggested installing it in the Maytec remote to prevent overcharging. I’m in the process of waterproofing my remote, and will install the overcharge protection chip.

Ok this what i’m thinking…good Idea ! I just charge the remote only 1 hours at once and it was good but need to stay near my remote during charge…but now i use it for eskate i use for efoiling thé Vincent remote better response curve for me and gps speed records on screen i need to do a review or yes sun is coming in France :call_me_hand:

1 Like

does the v2 still overcharge the battery?

there is a lipo in it which will catch fire if overcharged?! are you really sure this is possible?

My maytech is now no longer toggling between screens… so I can’t get any reading on how much battery is left. When I push the button, the home/throttle screen just reloads…

Questions:

1. Is there any known fix for this (other than replacing the remote?)
  2. If I do replace the remote, can this (or any remote) use the existing antennae/receiver? Or does getting a new remote always mean opening that up, and replacing that component as well?

Side note, this is for my Tow Boogie, I was hoping to have a setup where I could have 2 or 3 remotes all working during the same session - meaning once person with remote 1 has towed in…the next person with remote 2 can use it while Person 1 is still riding the wave/paddling back out (but not using their remote/is out of range).

Is this possible (with Maytech or any remote out there)? Or are all remotes pre-configured to only work with their own antennae, and can never be switched to work with another antennae?

I know this thread is all about the old Maytech remote but I just bought the VX3 from Flipsky thinking it would be pretty much the same thing but boy I was wrong! It looks to me like an improvement but we will have to wait and see. I’m not sure how much help the conformal coating would be so I was just going to put some foam in it and cover it with silicone grease. Does anyone else have any better ideas?

The water somehow gets there anyway! And into the screen, and under the buttons, and into the flooded connectors! We have three such consoles. One died in seawater after a week of use. Two are working. But one of them doesn’t have a mode switch button. And everyone had a moisture stain under the glass of the screen. Maybe it’s condensation. Flipsky recommended me to warm up the remote with a hairdryer. You can try glue for screens. Smear it between the plastic and the compound and the entrance of the wires into the compound.

1 Like

Wow that’s a lot of corrosion. Did you do any extra waterproofing before you used it? Thanks for the advice! I think I’m going to try and take off the white screen seal on the back of the acrylic box and fill it completely up with clear 2 part epoxy. Hopefully that will at least solve the fogging part. Might try some of Flightjunkie’s hacks too with the corrosionX in a vacuum chamber and lots of grease!

No, they didn’t. Clean carefully, you can damage the parts. If they would have varnished everything and then filled it with a white compound, it would have been better!

Silicon grease between glass and display. Epoxy on to seal the side of the display.
Conformal coating & Corrosion-X for the electronics.
I would not completely seal the PCB in Epoxy, because you won’t be able to exchange the display later: If the display is damaged by water (which will happen sooner or later; sealed or not) it’s a relatively simple and cheap fix: You can get replacement displays for under 3 Euro including shipping if needed.

1 Like

My Maytech V2 display died after 1 hour :slight_smile: But with the help given here it was no problem to fix!

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B09GVTRB2W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The repaired one is no sealed with fluid silicone:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B089XXS72K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Corrosion X and silicone grease between the display and the window works great! Hope it will survive now for a longer time! :slight_smile:

olli

4 Likes

Hi everyone, Maytech did waterproof upgraded on MTSKR1905WF remote, now better waterproof performance, see below how is it upgraded:

Order them from below link:

On Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832785223303.html?spm=5261.ProductManageOnline.0.0.6b194edfV1WC6a&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

On Maytech website:
https://maytech.cn/collections/speed-controllers-and-remotes/products/mtskr1905wf-ip67-waterproof-esk8-esurf-remote

Hello Agnes from Maytech. Do you now offer an actual warranty if the fail after a week?