Maytech V3 -Flipsky VX3 - Flipsky VX3 pro

Hi all, thanks for the great advice provided here! Just putting together my first build and considering remotes.

Anyone tried the Flipsky VX3 pro? Is it worth the extra $$.

Thoughts on maytech v flipsky? -preferably if you have used both.
Cheers

Flipsky 2.4G Wireless Module Waterproof Remote VX3 Pro controller For Efoil | Esurf | ESK8 Remote Controller - AliExpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002260515814.html?spm=a2g0o.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000044902362.html?spm=a2g0o.

I don’t like the maytech remote at all. I had 1 broken due to water intrusion after 3 - 4 sessions. I bought a Flipsky (non pro) VX3 and like it much better. So far I have been using the VX3 with a zip lock bag and haven’t have any issue.

1 Like

Vx3 Pro, Maytech v.3, Bremote. Just received Maytech, I’ll write about my impressions.

3 Likes

I use the BREmote for everything, faux foil drive, tow boogie, son’s power wheels, etc. Range is awesome and it’s truly waterproof and floats. Some awesome members have made some different cases if you want a different form factor than the stock BREmote like the one @rttn posted. It is a no frills type remote, so if your running a VESC you will only get temp and battery percentage and if running a normal speed controller only battery percentage, so if you need all the other data that the other remotes have than it’s not for you.

3 Likes

So almost as good as the FeRo :slight_smile:

I’ve never had the pleasure of trying the fero. Looks like an awesome remote! I personally prefer the BREmote to steer my dual motor boogie. I think it’s what zero tow uses, might be wrong. I’m not that good at coding to make the steering work for my needs.

Does the fero float?

Yes the FeRo floats.

Unfortunately it’s closed source, so coding things for it is impossible till some person can hack it.

It’s a super cool looking remote for sure.

1 Like

Zero tow uses a custom manta remote.

2 Likes

Would be easy enough to hack/ reprogram. But you would need to start from scratch with your code and it’s probably not worth it.

The Bremote code with some modification could probably run on the FeRo remote, but you probably won’t gain much compared to the standard Bremote.

Initially I was going to use the FeRo remote, but was too expensive to get the coding done though their new company and they were very slow, like all big companies seem to be. Very happy that Manta was willing to sell us just the hardware.

Really loving the Manta remote, still is the best looking and most powerful remote on the market. With firmware updates it keep getting better as well. We recently added a discharger so that you can drain your battery down if it’s fully charged and your can’t make it out for a session.

5 Likes

You can set that values in the VESC Tool. I not need that in the remote :slight_smile:

Most people don’t want to run a commands in VESCtool though. Vesc tool doesn’t have temperature monitoring, ramping base on temperature, or a cut off at a certain voltage.

You also need the vesc tool to be connected for the duration of the discharge.

Lot of benefits by adding it as a built in feature rather than plugging in a laptop.

Did you use the stock version of the remote control without additional programming?

Yes, we were looking at the Manta remote too, but all of a sudden, some guy from NZ was selling his “old” FeRo :slight_smile:

My dad actually talked to Felix by phone some time ago, and he seems like a really nice guy. Until he sold his FeRo, his response was fast too.

Who knows? Maybe one day, when the FeRo’s are dead, we might get the Manta remotes

~Kian

P.S. All we would like to see changed with the FeRo is that when turning it on, it starts in power mode 8 (full power).

Ended up buying the Maytech and VX3. Will set them both up and compare from a first builder perspective. BREmote looks great!

1 Like