Montenegro efoil WildBuild

Hi Osavcic, awesome cruise​:+1: :heart_eyes: . I need advices as I am planning to start my first build. I would like to go like you with 75200 and FS65161. I know that builder on this forum prefer avoiding plug and play but I would like to keep it simple for my
first build. If I am right you mentioned the ESc is the water-cooled, correct? Is it this one

Thanks, yes I have like that one. I had luck with my purchase but many on this forum had 75200version with wrong resistors. I am agree for first build keep it as simple as possible.

Thx for the prompt reply, any threat on your build with more details. The board looks great. Do you have pictures from the inside of the ESC box? Made of plastic or aluminum ? Is the pump placed inside the box? Sorry for the numerous questions but I would like to have a good start with my build …I cross the fingers for the FS ESC

The esc is already in aluminium waterproof box. You don’t need pump, it’s already discussed on forum. Good luck with your build. Keep it watertight, read more and you will find all answers. Happy foiling in near future.

1 Like

Thanks for the advices :+1:but trust me I have already read a lot … I deduce from your answer that the pumping is passive with a water inlet at the nose of the mast clamp.
and that the ESC whose body is made of aluminum is placed in a plastic case. Correct? Just asking because this thread is in the builds category and I was impressed by your result :facepunch:Enjoy foiling with your nice board

1 Like

Thanks, I am very glad if my work can be liked. A lot of improvements have been made since the first trip to the sea. This is what the part with ESC looks like now. I now have two identical CF-coated housings so I can change ESC and drive on both boards very easily.

This is a picture from before. The picture shows a 12v pump on enclosure. Now pump is removed…

I was to busy to finish boards and with riding them. So I didn’t have time to update this post.

A last question if you don’t mind: are you still using the potted FS EFS you have put in your board end of 2020? Is it still working? If yes, you were not only lucky with your purchase but you have found the right setup and settings…this is very promising for DIY beginner like me that are better in epoxy than electronics and pay too much money for a ready to use setup.
Greatly appreciated your support :+1:

Sorry guys I made a terrible mistake. Wrong picture were copy/past.

Don’t hesitate to ask. In my first build is flier400a with flashed firmware and that’s is working perfect and second one I finished this summer is with fs75200. I can switch between boards, wings and esc…

Are you happy with the 75200? I placed a purchase order for this ESC from FS

Yes I am satisfied. In FOC mode is much more beter and quaet than standard esc. You can setup a lot of parameters.

Hi, I Should receive my motor FS65161, FS 75200 and battery from Booant soon but still hesitate about the remote. The lead time is long and price high end for the pseudo waterproof VX3. I saw you have a VX1. Does this one work well with 75200? Seems that the remote ask for entering wheel diameter and pulley as it was made for SK8. What setting do you use? Do you think VX2 could work as well ? And last question did you waterproof the VX1 or just use a Ziplock bag?
Sorry again for the long list of question

@Wingaddict I had long story with remotes. I started with cheap remote in printed waterproof case. It was fine for several sessions. Afterwards I got bored so I ordered mytech which I filled with epoxy. I used it several times until it stopped working. I replaced the display and it worked a few more times. I ended up with vx3 and vx1 as a replacement. For the second board I use erayfoil. I use both in ppm mode. Both of them are ready to use in salt water. As for vx1 I had to waterproof it, but after few cutoffs I am using it in latex balloon… Many tests I did in regular water but nothing can be compared with salt water, it is like acid for electronic.

1 Like

The latex balloon is a clever idea👍 I will test my set up with a VX1first . I never heard about the erayfoil but it looks great ! Is it easy to manage the full power with the throttle of the VX1?
Can the erayfoil remote be readily plugged in the ESC or do you had to modify the connectors ?
Thanks again for your help

VX1 is not permanent solution for efoil, after you will want something better. For erayfoil I had to solder pins to be able to connect it to esc.

Thanks, yes I will just use the VX1 for testing the setup. The lead time for the VX3 is very long. I will order a erayfoil asap. Thanks :pray: again. Enjoy your ride

1 Like

V3 amost ready for the new season. I remember how long I made the first board, very expensive and long. Now each new board is several times cheaper and faster. This one is 4’4 and I can’t wait to try it…

7 Likes

Just recieved new remote from @Felixfoiler giveaway.

This remote looks realy amazing. I can’t wait to try it with new board.

6 Likes

New board v3 completed… Tested with old flier 400a and fs vx3 remote. Just to mention I filled 65161 with "wuerth corrosion* since November 2020 and my second 65161 I filled with crc 6-66 since March 2021 and still don’t have any issue with motors…

7 Likes

Some fun today. We went with a vespa to the beach. So far the easiest way to go to the beach with two efoils.

7 Likes