New 200A Vesc based Flipsky ESC

Thanks for the help guys - got sorted over on: VESC Tool - "R is 0" Error - #10 by Foxyirish1987 - Electronics (ESC, remote, batteries) - FOIL.zone

Appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi, just figuring out the vesc tool (complicated) need a setting for the 65151 100kv motor. can you help please ?

Are you still facing issues? Let me know maybe I can help.
Cheers

It is working but it seems there is no throttle curve it accelerates to the max rpm and hardly i can keep it at half speed … Tried to modify the throttle curve but it seems no effect… I switched to 12s and a regular TX… It is the same…

Here a picture of th rpm

In water or air? Duty cycle or current control?

Air…Tried both current and duty, although i’m not sure what am i doing…

For duty you are adjusting the throttle via voltage. For current over the amps. Since the motor is in air and has no load a control by current is hard since there is not much of a difference between on/ off. This will result in a kind of digital scenario for your testing, full speed or off. In contrast Duty cycle should let play you with throttle even with no load. Is your receiver working properly? Did you put in correct batt values in vesc?

As Ackermann said, if you want to regulate the speed you have to switch to duty/“rpm” control. You are using current control and for current control this is the right behavior.
Current control is torque control you cannot control the speed of the motor (directly). You give an input torque and the motor spins and gets faster and faster until he reaches the desired torque (which is earlier in water due to the resistance, than in air)

1 Like

And where i can set that… There is not in the motor setting FOC.

Yaaay … Found it in the ppm settings … Duty

Took me 2 days…

Still not working with the Flipsky VX2 remote, as it won’t switch to duty cycle…Ask for activate the RTapp data and measure the pulseleghts… ??

Do you want to foil with duty control?
I don’t know why it doesn’t work with the FlipSky remote, maybe the remote only “supports” current control? :slight_smile:

I dont’t know … Should i ?. I am just starting this project, no clue how to foil yet. :laughing:

Is the remote responsible for this at all? I think the remotes just providing the signal and esc is converting this into corresponding current/duty control

Given that is a Flipsky remote for the Flipsky esc, i supposed is a straightforward mission. But it is might be OK in “current” control. I can use the old remote and figure out later what is with the Flipsky. They connect with different connectors. Flipsky rx is a long bus, the old rx is signal±…Might be the VESC listens differently to the two different inputs…

yeah that’s how it should be…
If the Flipsky remote reciever is connected on a bus port (same with metr.at, or any other bluetooth module), the remote could change settings aswell (altough I have to say, if the remote changes settings on its own, this would be very bad design)

Today i got after long time waiting those FSESC.
I also bouhgt the 65161 motor from Flipsky and the Antispark Switch PRO.
After i connect all, i recognized that the Antispark Switch with the original switch from Flipsky is on.
I try switch on/off but no status change. So i disconnect and test the switch with an Multimeter and… the small IP 67 switch not work.
I change to the Fatboy and, he works.

I connect all but still i got no connection to the Computer that connected with USB. I see, no device was found.

I disconnect all and now i see, the FSESC have no lid, nor screws and seal in the aluminium cover.
Here a picture.

But i got more and mor problems, i smell something is burned. I again disconnt all and see, my Receiver was burned…

… i am total angry!!!

So, anyone tested those on 13s at the end? I do think that 14s is overkill now and it wasn’t smart move to even try it. It should work if you charge 14s battery at 4.0v per cell or lower, but then again, what’s the point in 14s?

So, anyone tried on 13s? :grin:

Hey guys. Just got back from another awesome ride with the flipsky 200 vesc on 12s and the flipsky 65151 motor.

I noticed that I have been just barely having enough power to get up on the foil. Once up and free of all the drag of the board in the water I have plenty of power though. I tested this setup in my pool earlier today and monitored everything using the real time monitor on the VESC tool. I noticed that i am unable to pull anymore than 120A motor current which ends up being like 60A battery current. The settings in VESC tool only allow me to go to 120A motor current. If I try and go any higher it says “The following parameters were truncated because they were set outside of their allowed limits.”

The specs on the flipsky site claim 200A continuous and 800A burst. I would love to be able to turn this up just a little more to like 150A motor current to help me get up on the foil a little more quickly.

Anyone know why its limited to 120A when the specs say 200A? I would have even assumed that the 200A claim was battery current. Is there a different type of firmware i could try or something? Anyone have this issue? Thanks!