New 200A Vesc based Flipsky ESC

Is the remote responsible for this at all? I think the remotes just providing the signal and esc is converting this into corresponding current/duty control

Given that is a Flipsky remote for the Flipsky esc, i supposed is a straightforward mission. But it is might be OK in “current” control. I can use the old remote and figure out later what is with the Flipsky. They connect with different connectors. Flipsky rx is a long bus, the old rx is signal±…Might be the VESC listens differently to the two different inputs…

yeah that’s how it should be…
If the Flipsky remote reciever is connected on a bus port (same with metr.at, or any other bluetooth module), the remote could change settings aswell (altough I have to say, if the remote changes settings on its own, this would be very bad design)

Today i got after long time waiting those FSESC.
I also bouhgt the 65161 motor from Flipsky and the Antispark Switch PRO.
After i connect all, i recognized that the Antispark Switch with the original switch from Flipsky is on.
I try switch on/off but no status change. So i disconnect and test the switch with an Multimeter and… the small IP 67 switch not work.
I change to the Fatboy and, he works.

I connect all but still i got no connection to the Computer that connected with USB. I see, no device was found.

I disconnect all and now i see, the FSESC have no lid, nor screws and seal in the aluminium cover.
Here a picture.

But i got more and mor problems, i smell something is burned. I again disconnt all and see, my Receiver was burned…

… i am total angry!!!

So, anyone tested those on 13s at the end? I do think that 14s is overkill now and it wasn’t smart move to even try it. It should work if you charge 14s battery at 4.0v per cell or lower, but then again, what’s the point in 14s?

So, anyone tried on 13s? :grin:

Hey guys. Just got back from another awesome ride with the flipsky 200 vesc on 12s and the flipsky 65151 motor.

I noticed that I have been just barely having enough power to get up on the foil. Once up and free of all the drag of the board in the water I have plenty of power though. I tested this setup in my pool earlier today and monitored everything using the real time monitor on the VESC tool. I noticed that i am unable to pull anymore than 120A motor current which ends up being like 60A battery current. The settings in VESC tool only allow me to go to 120A motor current. If I try and go any higher it says “The following parameters were truncated because they were set outside of their allowed limits.”

The specs on the flipsky site claim 200A continuous and 800A burst. I would love to be able to turn this up just a little more to like 150A motor current to help me get up on the foil a little more quickly.

Anyone know why its limited to 120A when the specs say 200A? I would have even assumed that the 200A claim was battery current. Is there a different type of firmware i could try or something? Anyone have this issue? Thanks!

Nevermind. Think I figured it out. There is a “no HW limits” version of the firmware that is available. It was hidden from me because the “show non default firmwares” button towards the bottom of the screen was unchecked by default.

2 Likes

You can make a firmware no hardware limits on your FSESC.

Mine what I bought having that firmware default installed.
But the problem with my VESC, no water cooling lid was mounted and he dose not work :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• 800A has to do with the absolute measurement capability of the FSESC components. This number has nothing to do with anything other than I * R = 1.65 Volts, where I = 800 Amperes and R = .2 milliohms.
  • 200A is likely the maximum burst you could fit through the transistors for a very short period of time without damaging them. Like 2 seconds.
  • 120A is probably the maximum long burst you could get out of the FSESC for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

The limitation is how heat travels from the switches to the outside environment, and conduction is probably not a well understood concept at Flipsky. I wish it was.

200A is a marketing value :sneezing_face:

Yup that firmware should sort you out, I had the same error on battery limit and that hardware sorted me out

Did you use it at more than 12S ?

14S but only in test on the bench so far

It is the same for me, hopefully soon on the water

1 Like

Hi, I have an easy time to foil with 120amp max. I am using FS65161 motor (100kv) with FR prop. Mast is Gong 65cm with Allavator L foil. Board and rider together might be around 120kg. Batt is 12s11p. Top speed is 32km/h.

Regards!

Btw, printed props also work and lift fine

1 Like

Why delete? I read it already :wink:

So, i must say that Flipsky replaces my damaged FSESC 200A and the Antispark Pro!

I am happy about!

5 Likes

Do you have preset current values like these ? The first one reached among 170A motor and 79A battery limits both…

Im interessted too in the flipsky 200a. But what about all the settings and terms like FOC etc ?

I now run 11s 100kv flipsky motor with 500a flier esc, it is a bit noisy, would it be more silent or effecient with the flipsky 200a VESC / FOC ?

The good thing with the flier 500A is that it is such an overkill that watercooling is not needed.

Does Flipsky sent from EU ? No customs hassle ?