New California efoil company

Avante in California is selling complete efoils and some accessories.
https://avanteinnovations.com/#collection_pro_id_new

1 Like

Very nice Prop.
Great Price!!

Isn’t this the etakuma foil?

Yes it is :rofl:

I wonder if they are making the boards or buying from the same company…

Hi All, my name is Rick, I’m the owner of Avante Innovations. We worked hand in hand with Takuma for the past few years developing the E-FOIL and are just now coming to market in North America under the Avante brand. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have and look forward to getting people on our boards.

Rick rkarr@avanteinnovaitons.com

Welcome Rick. Does the receiver get sold with the remote or is it seperate or built into the system?

Hi @Jezza, thank you.

The receiver comes in the ESC unit.

@Avante great job Rick! I love the fact that mast and motor attachment is modular! Can you share some specs about propulsion system and power train battery and charger?

Welcome Rick !

I was wondering why did you choose this propeller type ? Interted in some motor specs too :slight_smile:

I figured as much.

Next question… Do you have any idea how that semi-pro surfer managed to get his finger into the prop unit of the takuma foil?

Hi, Rick any chance for a special price for your prop for this forum?

1 Like

Yes, could be the nice companion of a Flipsky 100 or 120kv + a 3D printed fairing part reducing the 65mm motor in between.
https://avanteinnovations.com/collections/accessories/products/propeller

That prop looks like it’s just waiting to eat fingers and toes!

:rofl::call_me_hand:

@Flightjunkie With a duct, with a moving object from rear to front, the rotating blades expel all incoming objects.
With a moving object from front to rear, there is a possibility.

It’s like if the French surfer had put his fingers in the duct accidentally with prop not rotating and then pressed the trigger … :thinking:

I think @Jezza scared off Rick with that last question about the finger incident. Poor Rick… that incident was bad timing for someone starting new company.

1 Like

Hi All - Apologies I haven’t been active here in a while.

I cant speak to there person getting their fingers chopped off as I wasn’t there. Our boards do come with

Two common questions I get are…
“What happens when you run out of battery and you’re not near land?” and “Can you the prop hurt you?”

I always use the boating analogy…Do you grab the prop on your boat and do you check how much fuel you have when you’re boating?

I think we should all use common sense when riding efoils or any other recreational vehicle for that matter. As a brand and provider of equipment, we educate our customers
with these basics as it’s our responsibility. If you’re a service provider or a friend taking someone out for an experience, it’s also your responsibility to educate them. Accidents happen, but if we take responsibility and educate before use, we can avoid a lot of accidents and protect our sport.

Regarding the prop -

I’m not sure why everyone else that is producing isn’t putting more effort into their props. The pitch and angle make a HUGE difference in the performance. I have a background in offshore boat racing so looking at the props was one of the first things I brought up when we were designing the propulsion.

Just as an example…Have a look at this sailboat prop versus this offshore race boat prop.
sailboat prop Offshore boat prop

Hi Rick. Good to see you back. I’m very curious about your prop as it is a unique design among efoils. It must be efficient because it appears to be a smaller diameter than other commercial efoils. What is the diameter and pitch of your prop? Also what is the RPM range at the prop?

Racing props like the one in the pic is surface piercing props, I’m not sure that’s a good thing for us. More blades equals more resistance when traveling through the water. I would place my bet on the FR prop for high efficiency and speed.

Why not :joy: