New easyfoil prop

Is sandblasted or something similar …

Leave your guesswork or buy an Easyfoil Prop and see for yourself!

1 Like

1 Like

Move on man, this is a public place and we are giving our thoughts. I’m not interested in your opinion…

Sure, some parts of car engines are made this way too. And again, no one is saying you can’t like the prop nor that we don’t agree on the fact that this is a good price, etc. We are commenting and giving our thoughts, which for most are valid…

The prop definately looks good and seems to be identical to the 2019 FR 6" prop but with a more sandblasted finish. Even pingroove angle vs prop is identical.
Even in this forum we should appreciate the craftmanship and originality of David (@Flying_Rodeo), but it is not easy to get a hold of his props. Almost like vintage wine :slight_smile:
When batches are released he delivers 100%, but communication/marketing and webpage needs some work. I have never seen an alu boat prop with similar hardness as the FR both in Alu grade and using really deep anodization, it is a piece of art. The funtion of the easyprop is probably similar thought.

Clearly my hand positioning is completely different!

You only speculate with pictures of the milling surface, where there are thousands of possibilities, depending on the speed, cutting speed, cooling and milling cutter …
I have a prop lying here and I don’t have to speculate …
Not fair to any manufacturer …
I’m not speculating about David’s poor service, arbitrary prices and poor availability … Although I’ve made my experiences …

His prices aren’t even that arbitrary and I understand why he doesn’t have any available. Machining a prop out of billet is not feasible on any large scale. Not even necessary. You might prototype this way or make small batches at high prices as is being done… But it’s crap for keeping up with demand and eventually the competition will erode the initial market share that was captured. Imperfections in machining ain’t worth 100 euro to me … If the prop works the prop works. You also have to actually be able to buy one…

1 Like

Personally, I have never been disappointed and the after sales service is top notch. Thank you

1 Like

Well if its a public place he has a right to give his opinion too, without being told to move on :rofl:
He is also right, that is a sandblasted, milled aluminium prop as you can actually see the CNC lines on the blade. The milling is not a super high quality from the pics, but then again because its available and will do the job it will be bought until another manufacturer beats it out…

4 Likes

Well that dude is boring, acting like he knows everything when he clearly don’t. I’m not bothering answering this Einstein anymore. He keeps talking about speculating, I’ve probably milled way more than he does but hey, what do I know :man_shrugging:t2:, he says he have one prop laying around when I have at least 10 milled out of 7075, but again, what do I know :man_shrugging:t2:.
He criticizes and speaks about David poor services when the guy literally came out of nowhere and builds something out of what people like David spent the last decade building and improving while helping the diy people, and still has the nerve to say “this is not fair to any manufacturer”. He speaks about arbitrary cnc price when this isn’t really arbitrary and more based on mm^3 to be milled and lots of other factors including the mill time & tooling. On another topic he said he can make a custom inrunner for 50€, lots and lots and lots of bullshit…

I have some sandblasted 7075 as well, it doesn’t look like this. But whatever, the questions weren’t coming from this, but rather from the areas that looks rather cast + milled. That’s where my initial questions / remarks are coming from…

Ah yes… Internet forums… It’s been a while since I used these…

Folks always showing off their hardware trying to see who’s is bigger than the others…

I just wanted to show off a nice, available, fairishly priced prop. which came in a week.

Perhaps the next time I start a thread we can keep the discussion to discussing the actual prop when used in DIY efoiling instead of being so concerned with the nail in the wall. This includes me for replying and keeping the discussion going in this way.

Everyone stuck at home and unable to foil getting all angry.

Mo

4 Likes

CNC with Powder coating finish

I can :fu::rofl:

Damn it, yes it is quite clear. My hands were to big to hide :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love to hear the feed back on this when you have tried

Did you build your own board.
Did you publish what parts you went for.

Thanks
Colin

Cheezus it’s kind of aggressive here. I remember being reported on one of my first posts here for saying that two seemingly identical 65161 motors might very well have different performance… I thought this forum was a tad bit too sensitive then. I guess i was wrong.

Kudos to FR for the props you designed, sad to say that this evolution was inevitable with the supply issues. (I’ve been on the group buy list since the start, tried to order on your site, nothing.)

1 Like

Really like this prop, where can you get it for a reasonable price?

Lars i’ve bought 4 props from FR by now. He manufactures in campaign naturally, but probably have in stock since there is a new discount. Prices are ex VAT and shipping. But still incredible value for what you get. So many models to choose from. I prefer 7" pro on 120kv
https://highfly-watersport.com/collections/flying-rodeo/products/fr-pro-7inch-two-blade-prop

1 Like

Asked FR if there were props to order, again. (two weeks ago)
I got no reply at all so i bought a new flite propeller instead. 40eur, got it in a week. That’s value!