New Foil Assist builds 2024 - Rumours

Hi guys,

After the release of the FD gen 2 and the announcement of the Manta Foils “TakeOff”, I wanted to create a new post where we could possibly discuss and leak rumours about new models coming into the mix in 2024.

Flite - I heard something about a new surf foil assist model (have no further details as of yet)

2 Likes

Flying Rodeo is bringing out an assist.

Where have you heard about a Fliteboard assist?

1 Like

Ive seen the fliteboard assist and it’s like nothing else on the market. My lips will remain sealed as this is confidential.

1 Like

Beautiful music to my ears, I dont need to know tech details just is it a 2024 launch?

In some ways it’s pretty obvious what it’s going to be of you look at the existing flite ecosystem… The question is will the rest of foilers buy into it…

Id like to hear how you envision it working.

That must be a completely new design product in my opinion, that goes beyond their ecosystem if they want to get the chance to expand their market

I’m intrigued, hoping it’s something completely left field.

For just an assist I think a cool idea to try would be using a carbon over wrapped pressure vessel as the energy storage like paintball canister, and then a submerged self filling container under the water.

To get up on the foil the air is injected into the submerged water container forcing the water out like a model water rocket.

Benefits are that you still get thrust when nozzle is out of the water, no large batteries, and sub 1.5kg weight when up on the foil, as there is no motor, just a pressure vessel and an empty water container.

Lots of disadvantages though!

Perhaps a modified version of their current propulsion system where the motor is mounted higher on the mast.

This would also allow them to sell their board lineup (perhaps with some new models) as the mast/board connection would be the same. Sell foil assist option to current owners etc.

How is it confidential to you?

Its not confidential for me, I simply respect the pros who were shooting the commerical. Foilguy has it incorrect.

So it must be @Strongarm pressure vessel then :wink:

1 Like

My real theory is a Flite board only, but you can mount any foil set up to it.

The Flite board will hold a nano or smaller battery to keep in the ecosystem.

The Flite board will have a jet unit in the base of it for the boost.

Reason for the jet unit is that they do not want the injuries associated with a prop so close to your body/ hands etc.

Did you talk with the guys on the beach ? Is the release date confidential too ?

Guys, I was foiling the same wave where the commercial was being done. I saw the product in action a got a good look at it in action. I don’t know how much it weighs or the thrust or battery life. I didn’t talk to anyone about it or ask questions. I’m not under contract to keep any secrets but I am also not going to blurt everything out. All I will say now is that it’s completely different than what foilguy has described. And there is nothing like it on the market, and when I say that I don’t mean that it’s way better than every other kind of foil assist, it’s a different way of doing foil assist that no other product is doing. I have no idea when it’s being released. I will also say I was initially intrigued as it looks to be a prone assist kind of product. However after thinking about the pros and cons, I think the foil drive style product is better overall.

2 Likes

So just a prone foil assist? Can we talk in private I want to buy an assist but wanted to wait for this launch, however I want to use it for DW, Sup , prone and tow in. From what you are saying it must have a short battery? Or low power!?

its not just a prone assist, its a fliteboard. i dont think any serious foiler that has the option of manta or foil drive would go for the fliteboard version as there is a rather huge disadvantage in its inherent design without much of an upside. in fact, im curious to what market the product is actually trying to cater to, because its kind of like worst of both worlds (efoil and assist). one thing i’ll say is that the design is suprising, because probably no one has thought of doing an assist this way. (most likely because its a bad way of doing it)

That’s the risk any manufacturer takes when they film the marketing content. It’s how loads of guys knew about foil drive before it came out. Funnily enough the leaks very often slow down other guys buying other products and instead waiting. For new products it’s great, for existing brands it can damage sales just before a new release…

The flite system will be geared initially to fliteboard owners and then others they want to buy into their ecosystem… I’m not sure they are too bothered to go after the rest of the foil market.
I haven’t seen the flite system but I can assume what they’d do from a business perspective.

I’ve strapped my assist to my efoil boards. It makes testing easy and has no cable drag. The only downside is the board it much heavier.

I think I got it thanks for that no point waiitng

Interesting conversation (with a lot of inaccuracies!). We are always working on a lot of cool stuff - including things that bear no resemblance to efoils. Our pro team are interested in different kinds of toys for different situations… But you will need to keep guessing for a little while longer.

2 Likes